Highlights of Bermuda by Private Van and Driver/Guide
- Somerset Drawbridge: The world's smallest retractable bridge provides less than three feet of space for careful boat captains to squeeze their masts through.
- Gibbs Hill Lighthouse: Since 1846, this beacon has been guiding ships and providing astounding views of the island and the endless blue Atlantic beyond.
- Camden: Built in the early 1700s, the "official" residence of Bermuda's Premier (though he doesn't really live there) is a gorgeous Georgian-style mansion.
- Front Street Shopping: Hamilton's lively main drag, doused in pastels, is home to some of the island's best clothing, jewelry, liquor stores, and other crafts for sale.
- St. George’s: Exactly what you’d expect from a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Bermuda, it is full of quaint cobblestone streets, picturesque cottages and museums worthy of a postcard.
- Your personal GoBe driver: Our experienced English-speaking driver/guide knows the roads, routes, and shortcuts – and can help you discover the beauty of Bermuda.
- Guidance on tap: Even if you're a self-starter, your GoBe driver/guide will add to your day's adventure and can take things to the next level. You'll get priceless insider info and historic perspective on the sights you see. And maybe some tweet-worthy current gossip.
About this Dockyard tour
How about a proper tour of a proper place? From stunning pink sand to tranquil waters and centuries of exciting history, this jewel shines brightly from every angle. To really see it, however, you'll want a guided tour that not only travels to the many treasures of the island, but also helps you to understand their significance.
Though only 24 miles long, Bermuda is jam-packed with sights, sounds and experiences. Ever wanted to see the world's smallest drawbridge? What about the gorgeous, panoramic views at one of the first cast iron lighthouses to ever be built?
It's all here. Your helpful guide regales you with tales about these points of interest that will help you better understand the island's history, from its founding as a colonial trading post in the 1600s to its development into a British naval stronghold, where the troops that burned Washington, D.C. in the War of 1812 sailed from.
Like a steel drum musician hugging a white-wigged British lord, the elegance of the colonial era is engulfed by a laid-back Caribbean vibe here. Miles of pink sand beaches and vivid blue water pass all around, but there's plenty of imperial influence here as well, like the twin clocktowers at the Royal Naval Dockyard, built right after Britain's defeat in the Revolutionary War.
To wrap up this exciting excursion, you'll get some time to explore the shops and sights on Hamilton's Front Street, where you can purchase handmade crafts and clothing. Between the colonial buildings painted in bright island hues, the friendly local vibe, and the 600 miles separating it from any other land, Bermuda is physically, culturally and historically a place like none other.
Traditionally, residents of Bermuda have chosen floral colors to paint their houses, eschewing the standard earth tones. But today, these bright and colorful dwellings are more than just nice to look at: They are used as landmarks for getting around. When you ask someone how to get somewhere in Bermuda, don't be surprised if they talk more about the colors of the buildings nearby than the names of the actual streets.
You have a choice of either a 6 or 8 - Seater Vehicle. If you stop at an attraction and would like to enter, admission fees will be additional
Please consider your physical fitness when planning your private experience.
Scenic, Cultural, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Travelers must be 5 years of age or older to participate in this tour.
Suitable for travelers weighing up to 350 lbs.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.