Private Guided Reykjavik Sightseeing Tour
- Your personal driver: Our experienced English-speaking driver and guide knows the roads, routes, and shortcuts – and can help you discover the beauty of Iceland.
- Guidance on tap: Even if you're a self-starter, your driver and guide will add to your day's adventure and can take things to the next level. You'll get priceless insider info and historic perspective on the sights you see. And maybe some tweet-worthy current gossip.
- Rides of two sizes: Choose the vehicle that's a fit for your small or large group..
- The Pearl: Look out over sea, city, and countryside from the observation deck and revolving restaurant of this massive mirrored dome, a Reykjavik icon.
- Hofdi House: Built as the residence of the French consul, this is where Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev had their historic summit meeting in 1986.
- Hallgrimskirkja Church: Inspired by Iceland's fascinating formations of cooled lava, this towering church took more than 40 years to build.
About this Reykjavik tour
Join your driver/guide and carousel your way around Reykjavik's picturesque landscape. Within this whimsical city lined with charming seaside cottages and funky cafes are an armory of museums, architectural wonders, and historic landmarks. Characteristically quirky and hauntingly beautiful, Reykjavik's cityscape is a breath of the world's freshest air.
Past and present collide on the streets of Reykjavik alongside our expert guides. Hear tales of Vikings and Iceland's first settlers as you witness the visionary acumen of Iceland's celebrated architects, whose eye-popping designs are the hallmarks of Reykjavik's futuristic, forward-thinking culture.
You'll stop at Reykjavik's Pearl, a reflective glass dome that towers over a lush green forest, sitting atop six hot water tanks that channel over 4 million liters of steaming water from boreholes under the earth's surface. The revolving restaurant at the top of the dome offers a panoramic view of delightful Reykjavik, and a man-made geyser on the grounds depicts one of Iceland's most precious natural wonders, Geysir.
Marvel at the contrast of Reykjavik's colorful old quarter and narrow streets as you glimpse the colossal gray slabs of the Hallgrimskirkja Church, a pipe organ-like structure towering 250 feet in the air – it's seen from almost anywhere in the city above the boxy wooden houses. A perfect storm of old and new, you'll be dazzled by Reykjavik's small-town vibe and impressive cityscape.
The deceptively quaint Hofdi House is best known for the 1986 summit meeting that effectively ended the Cold War. But its true claim to fame is the presence of an otherworldly being, "The White Lady," said to roam its halls: The British consul who lived there in 1951 was so distraught by her presence that he persuaded the British Foreign Office to sell the house.
Please disembark onto the ships pier. Please look for our GoBe Representative with the displayed logo sign.
You have a choice of either a 7 or 15 - Seater Van. There is a souvenir shop in Perlan. Snacks and beverages are also available for purchase.
This tour is wheelchair accessible using a foldable wheelchair & you are able to board by yourself or with the aid of a traveling companion. There is only one stop. There are paved surfaces at the Pearl Vantage point, as well as elevators.
Private, Bus Tour, Scenic, Shopping
7 or 15 - Seater Van
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.