Lisbon Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Natural beauty, nature's fury: If travel were a religion, its Eden would look like Lisbon. Some of the biggest attractions here are miradouros – elevated viewing spots where people go to gawk at jaw-dropping vistas of green mountains, blue ocean, and a city gorgeously rebuilt after its own Biblical-scale flood, in the form of a post-earthquake tsunami.
- Praca do Comercio: Lisbon's grand seaside public square bustles with cafes, shops, 18th-century colonnaded buildings, the magnificent Rua Augusta Arch (climb to the top; it’s one of the city miradouros), and a statue of an imperious Dom Jose I – the king who led the rebuilding after the earthquake. (The Praca was the site of his palace.)
- Alfama District: The oldest area of the city mostly survived the earthquake, so parts go back to Roman times. The medieval Castle of St. George keeps watch above on Lisbon's highest hill, and the River Tagus flows into the Atlantic below. Bars and restaurants in funky buildings abound, as do churches, including Lisbon Cathedral. It looks like a fortress outside, and holds many religious and cultural treasures inside.
- More of Lisbon to love: Take a leisurely walk around Largo do Cormo, a peaceful square lined by Jacaranda trees, historic and architecturally significant buildings, and fountains; Rossio Square, downtown, is just as pleasant, and known particularly for Lisbon's signature Pombaline architecture, the handsome (and earthquake-resistant) style developed after the 1755 disaster. The Church of Sao Domingos, dating back to 1241, is adjacent to the east.
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play – each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
Please make your way to Praco do Comercio. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map and listen to the audio for more detail.
Be sure to bring spending money; venue entrance fees are not included.
This 2-2.3-mile audio walking tour covers mostly flat to moderate incline terrain with occasional steps that are optional; you can skip a particular tour stop very easily.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Suitable for all ages.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
97 countries, 896 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Approximate Duration: 2 Hours
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.