Hop On, Hop Off Cardiff Double-Decker Bus Tour
- Hop on, hop off: See the sights you want without worrying about transportation. City Sightseeing double-deckers come by every 30 minutes. Or stay on for a full 50-minute loop through the city; it's a great orientation.
- Fun and informative: Provided headsets offer fascinating recorded commentary and background on this vibrant port city in English, Welsh, Polish, French, Spanish, German, and Italian.
- Top attractions: Admire Cardiff Castle and its medieval, Renaissance, and Victorian architecture; stroll Penarth Pier on picturesque Cardiff Bay; take in a match or concert at massive Millennium Stadium; shop Victorian markets.
About this Cardiff Tour
From the middle ages through the Victorian era, Cardiff was known mostly as an industrial port city. It was only during the 20th century that the city came into its own; Cardiff became the capital of Wales in 1955, and has since developed into a vibrant city where medieval castles and Victorian-era shopping arcades meet chic art galleries and cafes. Hop on and off at any of these conveniently located stops:
- Cardiff Castle: Adjacent to historic Victorian markets, the city's chief landmark has elements from every major architectural style of the last millennia, plus Roman ruins and a Norman-era fort, and a museum.
- National Museum of Wales: The gallery inside Cardiff's city center has an impressive collection of European artwork from the medieval era on.
- Fitzalan Place: The sleek and contemporary Mercure Hotel in the city center has a trendy restaurant and bar.
- Doctor Who Experience: An interactive adventure and exhibit hall featuring props, costumes, and images from the popular BBC show.
- Cardiff Bay: Take in a rugby or soccer match at the enormous Millennium Stadium, or check out the crimson Victorian-era Pierhead Building, with its clock tower nicknamed "Baby Big Ben."
- Mermaid Quay: The city's bustling waterfront retail district has modern eateries, outdoor patios, and trendy shops.
- Techniquest: A fun interactive science center with a planetarium and exhibits on fossils, rocket ships, animal life, and more.
- Craft in the Bay: Home of the Makers Guild in Wales, this hip craft gallery and retail store is a regional hub for visual art.
- Lloyd George Avenue: Next to Callaghan Square, a modern city plaza surrounded by contemporary commercial buildings and hotels.
- Central Bus Station: Your connection to trains and buses.
- Millennium Stadium: One of southern Britain's largest and most well-known venues hosts rugby and football matches, concerts, and motocross events.
Rockin' in the Victorian World
Cardiff is well known for its historic malls: the city has so many shopping complexes from the Victorian and Edwardian eras (roughly the 1840s through 1910) that it's nicknamed the "City of Arcades." In the Morgan Arcade (Stops 1 and 11) you'll find the world's oldest record store, Spiller Records, opened in 1894.
Please make your way to Bus Stop 1; Cardiff Castle, Cardiff.
This tour cannot operate on 25th and 26th December and 1st January. You can Hop On and Hop Off during the day as you please and walking is at your discretion. To complete one loop of the bus tour, without hopping on or off, the duration would be 50 minutes. First Tour departure from Bus Stop 1 is at 10:00 Last Tour departure from Bus Stop 1 is at 16:30 Frequency is every 30 minutes.
Entrance fees are not included, unless stated otherwise. Audio guides are available in several languages.
All buses have wheelchair accessible ramps and have a designated wheelchair space. Walking is at your discretion.
Bus Tour, Family Friendly, Budget
Open top and partial roofs double decker buses.
English, French, Spanish, German, Italian
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.