This is a seasonal tour operating from April 1 through mid-December.
Boston City View Bike Tour
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Guided tour: Our expert cyclist and city guide leads everyone from beginners to seasoned riders on a rolling journey through Beantown's diverse neighborhoods and greenways.
- Rose Kennedy Greenway: What used to be a congested interstate is now 1.5 miles of parks, gardens and public spaces fit for cycling, rollerblading, picnicking, and concerts.
- Best of Boston: The tour takes you past Boston Common and Copley Square, through Beacon Hill and the historic North End, along the Charles River Esplanade, and more.
About this Boston, Massachusetts tour
If you really want to get a feel for Boston, pedal power is the way to go. You'll cover more than you could on foot, it's more active and engaging than riding on a tour bus, and with your guide's commentary helping tie it all together, you'll learn how the sights you're seeing connect to form the fabric of a vibrant city.
You'll see architectural triumphs like Trinity Church and the Boston Public Library, getting in all the history on the Freedom Trail and enjoying the serenity of the Charles River bike paths. In all, you'll cover about 11 miles: downtown, Fenway, beautiful parks, Little Italy, and parts of the city that ordinary tours don't get to.
Coolest of all, you'll ride the Rose Kennedy Greenway – a feature-packed ribbon of parkland that winds through the heart of Boston where an elevated concrete interstate stood for half a century. Inaugurated in 2008 after the crazy-ambitious Big Dig project rerouted I-93 underground, the Greenway transformed an urban eyesore into a model urban amenity: a 15-acre swath of interconnected parks, gardens, and art installations where kids frolic in fountains, live concerts reverberate, food trucks tempt the adventurous – and a bike can roll from Little Italy to Chinatown in a fraction of the time it takes to attempt the trip via carbon-burning conveyance.
Speaking of which, both those areas have very tasty foods you might want to come back and sample after your ride. You'll have burned enough calories to deserve a treat.
A biker's rush in Boston
We've all heard about the "runner's high" – that euphoric moment when physical strain comes without effort, only pure joy. Turns out a brisk bike ride can produce a similar effect thanks to anandamide, sometimes referred to as the brain's marijuana. This fatty acid – cousin to the one in cannabis – crosses the blood-brain barrier to deliver an unmistakable endorphin rush. Just in case you need a little extra incentive to get out there and ride through gorgeous Boston.
Please make your way to Urban AdvenTours Headquarters: 103 Atlantic Ave. Boston, MA 02110.
This is a seasonal tour operating March through mid-December.
Bikes, helmet and water included. Child seat can be added, upon request.
Plan to arrive 30 minutes before your tour starts to make bicycle adjustments.
Photos taken by guides on your tour are available free of charge to participants by leaving an email address on the waiver signed before the tour.
About 70% of riding is done on city streets, mingling with cars and other foot traffic. The remaining 30% of the tour covers the bike path on the esplanade and the quiet streets running through Beacon Hill.
Adventure, Bike Tour, Family Friendly, Scenic
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated strenuous. Travelers must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Travelers with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour categorized as "strenuous". If you have concerns, you must consult with your personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be too strenuous for you.
Suitable for all ages.
Special Medical Restriction
Travelers must be willing and able to cycle 10-12 miles during 2.5-3 hours.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.