IMAX at New England Aquarium in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Skip the Line: Skip the ticket lines with pre-purchased tickets.
- Simon's IMAX Theater: New England's largest screen measures 65 feet high by 85 feet wide. That's big; it's even taller than a six-story building.
- The Aquarium's untold stories: Discover an adventure that lets you dive into the world of sea creatures with films on rare species like “Humpback Whales”, screenings on spectacular habitats like “Galapagos: Nature’s Wonderland” or uncover aquatic mysteries in “Secret Ocean”.
- Immersive technology: Put on your 3D-glasses and feel like you're part of the action, thanks to visual and audio technologies and a screen that extends beyond your peripheral vision.
- Flexibility: The tickets purchased on GoBe can be used any time the Simon’s IMAX Theater is open. So, if your travel plans change, there is no need to rebook. The choice is yours.
- Bring the little ones: Children age 2 and under are free and don't require a reservation.
About this Boston tour
Hold your breath, we're going under! Come take a journey to the ocean depths to meet its amazing, mysterious, and sometimes downright scary citizens. As you immerse yourself into this watery world, you'll have the sensation of swimming with the sharks. Uh oh, is that a Great White lurking in the shadows? You're sure to get some goose bumps as you encounter this predator's toothy grimace face-to-face.
Join a pod of humpback whales instead and tune in to their songs of the sea and witness gravity-defying breaches. Crystal-clear images and a sound system that can be as quiet as a gentle wave or thunderous as a storm at sea join forces for a full-on sensory experience all without getting the least bit wet.
So mentally put on your wet suit, sit back, and get ready for deep-sea adventures. See science and conservation come alive dramatically in the life aquatic. Forget Finding Nemo and Free Willy, this is real discovery!
MAXimum movie viewing
IMAX (an acronym for Image MAXimum) takes the "big screen" experience to epic proportions and it's not just the screen that's super-sized. You'll see up to 21 percent more of the image than you would at a typical movie theater. (The film frame is also 10 times larger.) Even the equipment is gargantuan. The IMAX projector weighs in at a hefty 2,000 lbs that's a thousand pounds more than a Prius. And consider this: a 40-minute IMAX film is about three miles long!
Please make your way to IMAX Theatre at the New England Aquarium Central Wharf (adjacent to the Marriott Hotel) Boston, MA 02110
Aquarium Operating Hours:
Mon-Fri: 9 am-5 pm
Sat, Sun and most holidays: 9 am-6 pm.
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Closes at 3:00 pm on Christmas Eve. Open at noon on New Year's Day.
IMAX Movie Times: Please arrive 15-30 min before showtime.
Wheelchair accessible seating is located at the top of the theatre.
Family Friendly, Tickets
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages. Children 2 years of age and younger participate free of charge.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.