We'll do our very best to ensure you'll GoBe an explorer in Alaska. Please note there is very limited space available on this tour and all reservations must be reconfirmed. Thanks for your understanding.
Wild Alaskan Salmon Bake at Gold Creek
Juneau, Alaska, USA
- Fresh grilled salmon: Enjoy all-you-can-eat fresh, wild salmon grilled to perfection over alder wood and paired baked beans, wild-rice pilaf, au gratin potatoes, and a satisfying selection of other sides, salads, and beverages to please any palate. Wine, Beer, and soda are available for purchase.
- Natural ambiance: Relax and savor your meal amongst the sparkling creek and fragrant rainforest with local musicians providing the perfect background music.
- Creature comforts: You may be in a rainforest, but you'll be protected from the elements under the translucent domes, rain or shine.
- Explore and shop: Take a walk through the forest to see the Salmon Creek Waterfall, and stop in the trading post to pick up some souvenirs, and view the remains of the Wagner Mine and try your hand at panning for gold.
- Transportation: Round trip transportation is provided from your meeting point. Return transportation from the salmon bake is by shuttle service every 20-30 minutes, so you can stay as long as you like or you can eat and run.
About this Juneau, Alaska tour
As you arrive at the lush rainforest setting, the outdoor grill and fresh salmon aromas will transport you back to a simple, exciting time in Juneau's history. A local musician keeps the mood light and festive, and an easy nature walk gives you a place to stretch your legs as you work up an appetite.
Hike up to the Salmon Creek Waterfall to view the remains of the old Wagner mine, or hang out near the warmth of the grills while your meal is prepared before your eyes. Entrance is now forbidden, but Wagner Mine was once made up of over 1,600 feet of underground workings including 3 adits (entrances) and a shaft at least 250 feet deep. The mine once processed gold ore after a deposit was discovered in 1889, although there is no record as to just how much gold was mined there.
Be sure to bring your appetite, because the locals don't want you to leave until you are satisfied! Not a fan of salmon? Not to worry! Cheechako chicken (chicken breasts smothered in fresh herbs and spices), Chilkoot baked beans, wild rice pilaf, and a variety of salads are also available for the travelers who aren't into fish. Dine in nature's natural dining room, and experience the freshness and true meaning of 'from farm to table.' And remember to save some room for dessert! Nothing caps off an outdoor dining experience like roasting marshmallows over an open fire to ensure you leave all warm, fuzzy, and full.
Bravo TV's popular reality show Top Chef featured an episode filmed in Juneau, including a stop at the Gold Creek Salmon Bake. The contestants were challenged with preparing local salmon and had to impress the natives, as well as the show's judges. In reality, local Salmon Bake enthusiasts were happy to have their regular chefs back at the helm after the show departed. We're sure you'll agree!
Please make your way to the sidewalk section under the cables of the Mt. Roberts Tram to meet our GoBe Rep.
Please check in 10 minutes prior to your departure time, and look for our representative wearing a red hat, red jacket/shirt and black pants, holding a sign that says Gold Creek Salmon Bake.
If your ship is docked at AJ Dock, there is a shuttle service available to the Mount Roberts Tram area. If your ship is tendering, please allow yourself extra time to get ashore.
A minimal amount of walking is needed. Wheelchair users must be able to transfer from chair & climb some steps. Bring a companion to offer assistance. Folding wheelchairs only, please. Advance notice is required for lift-equipped transportation.
Cultural, Family Friendly, Scenic, Food and Wine, Shopping
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
This tour is suitable for travelers of all ages.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.