Fly-Fishing Wilderness Adventure by Seaplane
Juneau, Alaska, USA
- Seaplane flight: On a flightseeing trip with a seasoned pilot, you experience the classic Alaskan way to travel and thrill to fabulous views of the wilderness.
- World-class fly fishing: Cast for trout, char, or a variety of salmon (depending on the season). All fishing is done on an eco-conscious catch-and-release basis with barb-less hooks.
- Fully outfitted: You'll be fully outfitted in waders and rain gear, and fishing equipment from Sage and Ross.
- Expert guide: The guide to fisherperson ratio of 1:5 ensures you personalized assistance, making this trip perfect if you are experienced or a first-timer. Your guide will assemble your gear and provide casting instructions if you are new to fly-fishing (or if you need a brush up!).
- Wilderness: All trips are operated in remote wilderness, with a preference for estuaries and the deeper holes and runs in the first two miles of the stream corridor.
- Refreshments: A smoked salmon snack and beverages are provided to keep you going.
Please make your way to the Mount Roberts Tramway Parking Lot at 490 S Franklin St.
All travelers, 16 years and older, will be required to purchase a $20 one-day fishing license from their guide.
Travelers may be required to walk up to 0.75 mile over uneven and unkempt trails.
Adventure, Air Tour, Scenic, Wilderness/Wildlife, Family Friendly
DeHavilland Float Planes; Van transfer to and from pier
Suitable for travelers 7 years of age and older. Exceptions may be made to the minimum age with an understanding that Parents are fully responsible for their children's well-being in the remote setting.
Special Medical Restriction
Travelers must be able to get in and out of the waders provided as well easy entrance and exit of a float plane
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
About this Juneau, Alaska tour
Fly fishing has been called the sport for the contemplative man. And some fishermen – and fisherwoman – do believe it's a meditative experience. For these philosophical types, fly fishing combines mind, hand, and eye in quick and spontaneous moves that make them feel at one with the flow of the stream and with nature.
Even for those who consider fly fishing as simply another way to catch fish, the sport is an amazing adventure and great way to relax, even for beginners. Though it takes practice, learning to cast is easy and the art of luring fish with flies is fascinating.
Whether you're into the zen of the sport, the adrenaline rush landing a prize catch – or both – Alaska takes fly fishing to the ultimate level. In this magnificent wilderness, all your senses awaken to the pure air, northern skies, and cold, clear streams. Nature sets the pace, the fish present real challenge, and your guide shares tips and techniques honed over years of patient practice. Of course, he knows all the best spots too.
This GoBe adventure takes you into the heart of Alaska's nature, and it respects that nature deeply, so we're committed to using catch and release techniques and barbless hooks. That way, the fish can come back and fight again another day. And we're sure you'll want to come back another day too. It's easy to get hooked on Alaskan fly fishing.
An alluring angler
In Robert Redford's Academy Award-winning movie A River Runs Through It, two brothers share a love of fly fishing. The film's beauty and the brothers' devotion to rod and reel helped popularize the sport, especially among Americans. The movie starred a young Brad Pitt in a career-making performance and, as a handsome and rebellious character, Pitt may have turned a few of the fairer sex on to fly fishing too.
97 countries, 896 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Location & Itinerary
Juneau, Alaska, USA
Approximate Duration: 5.5 Hours
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.