Miami, Florida, USA
- Riding the River of Grass: Massive propellers power your whirlwind tour on a high-octane airboat outing that takes you right up to the gators' swampy hideouts!
- Gator Park: Get up close and personal with some of Florida's most exotic wildlife, including panthers, birds and, of course, alligators.
- Wildlife show: These guys don't just hunt gators, they wrestle them with their bare hands! Don't plan on wrestling one, but you can hold a baby alligator, if you dare, at the wildelife show.
- Everglades National Park: There are a variety of bird to see, such as the great blue heron, ibis and a variety of egrets. You'll see turtles, fish and hundreds of bird species, many of which are endangered, and who call the River of Grass home.
- Luxury motor coach and hotel pick-up: We'll come get you from select Downtown Miami and Miami Beach hotels.
- Bring the little ones: Children 2 and under are free and don't require a reservation.
About this Miami tour
Your Gator Park Everglades adventure takes place in America's only subtropical wilderness, a rare combination of swamp marsh, rare and endangered species, 200,000+ gators, and prop-driven airboats powered by Cadillac engines. But this 1.2 million-acre wonderland is also rich in strange folklore, and was once a haunt for the most infamous criminal in American history.
In the 1930s, an outlaw set up shop: Al Capone, who owned a bar/brothel on the outskirts of Miami, is said to have run a bootleg-operation out of a three-acre site in the swamp marsh now called the Lost City. Archeologists have uncovered hundreds of objects there, some many centuries old, others more recent – like a large iron kettle used to distill sugar into alcohol.
It's possible, the archeologists say, that the kettle belonged to Seminole Indians, or any of the other groups and Gladesmen who made their home in the River of Grass. But it's certain that a predatory brute like Scarface would have fit right in among thousands and thousands of alligators. Of course, he was more of a snake.
More people of the Everglades
If not for Marjory Stoneman Douglas, you might never have heard of – or be able to see – the Everglades. Before her 1947 book The Everglades: River of Grass, the Glades were a swamp to be eliminated, not a vital resource to be protected. She spent most of her adult life fighting politicians, real estate developers, and even Floridians who feared gators in their back yards.
Complimentary hotel pickup at select Downtown Miami and Miami Beach Hotels. Call Customer Service 48 hours in advance for pick-up time and location. The number will be on your e-Ticket.
Reservations are required at least 2 days in advance. If luggage storage is required, you must confirm in advance with the tour operator after receiving your tour voucher.
Lightweight long sleeve shirts and pants are recommended.
You will be walking around the attraction. Tour is not wheelchair accessible. You must be able to get on and off the air boat without assistance or with the aid of a traveling companion.
Wilderness/Wildlife, Scenic, Boat Tour, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages. Children 2 years of age and younger participate free of charge.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.