We are currently updating our 2017/2018 departure schedules. Please check back soon
Cairns Highlights: Cathedral, Botanical Gardens & Wildlife Dome Option
- St. Monica's Cathedral: Admire the luminescent beauty of the world's largest themed stained glass windows that depict the story of creation from the Bible's book of Genesis.
- Flecker Botanical Gardens: Discover rare tropical plants and exotic fruits as you lose yourself on a guided meandering walk through a lush rainforest setting created in 1886.
- Barron Gorge National Park: Explore historic walking trails through the park's lower section that reveal rainforest and woodlands before reaching Surprise Creek Falls.
- Tea time: With a nod to Cairns' roots as a sugar-milling town, your excursion features fresh scones and your choice of locally grown tea, coffee, or hot chocolate at a local cafe.
- Wildlife Dome (optional 2-hr. add-on): See Australian natives like crocodiles, Boyd's forest dragon, koalas, the laughing kookaburra, and more at this zoo right in the middle of the city.
About this Cairns Tour
Embark on an adventure through the gateway to northern Queensland. Cairns rolls out the welcome mat with its tropical culture, invigorating landscape, and swoon-worthy sights.
Cairns' rainforests exude life and you'll find that at Flecker Botanical Gardens. Your guided walk reveals some of the oldest and rarest tropical plants in the world. Among this lush setting live unique orchids, exotic tropical fruits, bromeliads, giant bamboo, and flowering plants like the Red Torch Ginger. The gardens feature gently flowing brooks and waterways with small ornate bridges for crossing, adding a quaintness to your stroll.
The energy of the Barron River electrifies the national park. Beginning in the rainforest, your walk leads you through a woodland area before descending to Surprise Creek. Relax to the sound of the falls and get lost in its tranquil, clear pools.
As magnificent as its rainforests are, its beaches and Palm Cove is considered Cairns' best. Aptly named for the palm trees that line the shore, Palm Cove boasts an endless, sandy white beach overlooking rainforest-covered mountains. In a word, paradise. Much like Cairns itself. Contemplate all you've witnessed as you enjoy a delicious afternoon tea.
The world's oldest living culture
Meet the Tjapukai, the traditional inhabitants of the Cairns region. This aboriginal group, also known as the Djabugay, has lived in the rainforests behind Cairns in north Queensland for 40,000 thousand years. That's an impressively long time to maintain a rich and thriving culture. Descendants of the Tjapukai share and celebrate their history through aboriginal dance, playing of the haunting didgeridoo, and the art of spear and boomerang throwing.
Please make your own way to the Marlin Marina - Finger A and look for the tour signs.
Take extra precautions to avoid too much exposure to the sun. Even on cloudy days, the UV is stronger than you may think.
This tour is suitable for travelers with limited mobility.
Budget, Bus Tour, Family Friendly, Scenic
48-seat Climate-controlled Motorcoach
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.