We are currently updating our 2017/2018 departure schedules. Please check back soon
Full-Day Tour: Blue Mountains, Jenolan Caves, River Cruise & Scenic World
- Blue Mountains: Trek through one of nature’s most magnificent creations! Filled with amazing stalagmites, these limestone caverns will surely amaze you with their majestic beauty.
- Jenolan Caves guided tour: Don’t miss the opportunity to explore the world’s oldest caves and Australia’s largest and most popular underground limestone cave system! Your expert guide will tell you all about the natural beauty that you are witnessing and much more.
- Parramatta River cruise: Embark at Homebush Bay Wharf and soak up the lovely scenery as you float through the heart of Sydney at Circular Quay.
- Scenic Railway: Discover the thrill of a 52-degree incline riding the steepest passenger railway in the world! This truly unforgettable experience offers glass-roofed carriages with expansive views of the rainforest setting and spectacular Jamison Valley, for an additional fee.
- Scenic Cableway: For a slight fee, enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the Blue Mountains aboard a fully enclosed cabin with amazing views of the Three Sisters, Orphan Rock, Mt Solitary and Katoomba Falls.
- Scenic Skyway: Glide between cliff tops and gaze at the rainforest canopy through the glass floor of the Scenic Skyway! For an additional fee, this unique experience provides 360° views and a unique thrill as you walk through the electro-glass cabin floor with spectacular views beneath you. For the less adventurous, seating and solid flooring are also available.
- Bring the little ones: This tour is suitable for children of all ages.
About this Sydney Tour
The glowing Blue Mountains can be described in a myriad of ways, but a single word captures it each time, in every season, and has been used by humans for at least tens of thousands of years. "Magical." By the time Europeans showed up, the Gundungurra people had already inhabited them for millennia. And wow, did the tribe have some mesmerizing tales to tell.
One creation story about this natural wonderdescribes an epic battle between two ancestral spirits. It tells the tale of the clash between Dreamtime creatures Gurangatch (an incarnation of the rainbow serpent) and Mirragan (a native marsupial called a quoll) gouged out the land and the Coxs and Wollondilly River systems. The iconic Three Sisters rock formation you see, according to these Aborigines, are siblings a witch doctor once turned to stone.
These are quite supernatural accounts for a region unanimously inscribed into the UNESCO World Heritage List, partly for extraordinary natural values like its animal and plant biodiversity. The Greater Blue Mountains Area encompasses roughly 3,900 square miles, seven national parks, and the Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve, home of those awe-inspiring caves.
An expert leads you through Australia's largest and most popular underground limestone cave system. Dip into a labyrinth 340 million years old. Follow ancient river passages to gaping chambers dripping with stalactites, erupting with stalagmites, rich with fossils, and sparkling with crystals. While at the reserve, you might spot a few of the 400 indigenous vertebrates in the wild, like platypuses and kangaroos. Downright enchanting.
Why are the Blue Mountains blue?
A common question, but their colorful reputation is hardly shrouded in mystery. Eucalyptus trees dominate the vegetation, which finely disperse oil droplets into the atmosphere. They mingle with water vapor and dust particles, scattering short-wave rays of light that are primarily blue, bathing the environment in its characteristically hued haze.
Please make your own way to the Sydney Harbour Marriott at Circular Quay - 30 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000 to begin your tour.
Take extra precautions to avoid too much exposure to the sun. Even on cloudy days, the UV is stronger than you may think.
This is a high-activity tour, only recommended if you are fit, accustomed to exertion, have no back/shoulder problems. This tour is not suitable for you if you use a wheelchair or have limited mobility.
Full Day, Scenic, Wilderness/Wildlife, Bus Tour
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Good level of fitness
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?Write a Review
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.