TourTrek SEZC Ltd. (“TourTrek”) is committed to protecting your privacy and to complying with applicable privacy laws. This statement is designed to provide you with greater clarity about our privacy practices and policies regarding information we store electronically that we obtain from you in one of the following ways:
- on one of our consumer websites;
- when you call our call center; or
- when provided to us by your travel agency.
The Information We Gather
Information You Provide To Us Directly
You can interact with our websites or representatives in a variety of ways without being required to divulge any personally identifiable information to us. However, to engage in some activities, you may be required to provide certain personally identifiable information. For example, you may provide your personally identifiable information to us on this website when you:
- Book A Tour Through TourTrek.
- Send us an inquiry form;
- Request a brochure or an e-brochure;
- Register for a program such as a sweepstakes or one of our loyalty programs;
- Participate in a survey on our website.
“Personally identifiable information” may include the following information:
- Contact information, such as the individual’s name, home address, home telephone number, e-mail address or mobile telephone number;
- payment details such as credit card information;
- driver’s license number;
- user name, password and password reminder questions and answers;
- passport number.
Collection of Information Through Technology
Your interactions with our websites, mobile apps or call centers also may allow us to collect information about you automatically without any actions on your part through the use of technology (for example, web bugs, also known as “clear gifs” or “web beacons”, log files, cookies and other technologies). For example:
- when you call us, our systems may automatically capture the telephone number from which you called and associate that number with your personally identifiable information; or
- your browser type and computer operating system,
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the identity of your internet service provider;
- the websites you visited before and after visiting our website;
- the web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within our website;
- your device id numbers and other unique identifiers; and
- information regarding your physical location (if you have provided permission on your device); or
- when you download or use apps created by or for TourTrek, we may receive information about your location or devices.
We use this information for a variety of purposes including to analyze trends, to increase the usefulness of our sites, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We also use persistent cookies to store your password for our website, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as booking tools, contests or surveys, will be limited.
We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients, to count users who have visited our webpages and for understanding usage on our websites. This allows us to measure the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Browser Based Do Not Track Signals
Many Internet browsers now include the ability to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to the websites being visited. Our websites currently do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Third Party Advertisers
You may see advertisements on our web sites that are delivered by third parties. These third parties may collect information about you through their own cookies, web beacons or other tracking technologies. The information they collect may track your online activities over time and across different websites. Among other things, this information may be used to try to customize the advertisements you see on web pages based on predictions about your interests. These third parties may include third party advertisers, ad server companies and advertising agencies.
Refer a Friend
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site or our products or services, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. TourTrek stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may email us at hello@GoBe.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
We may allow you to sign in to your account using Facebook Connect. If you choose to do this, we may collect information necessary to facilitate social interactions such as friend lists, birthday, check-ins, basic profile information and your profile picture but only if the privacy settings you and your friends set within Facebook allow it. We will use the information we collect to create and facilitate an interactive social experience and to bring you products, services and programs from TourTrek.
When you download or use apps created by TourTrek or other subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
User Generated Content and Public Features (Including Tour Reviews and Comments)
We offer you opportunities to use a number of features on our Website that allow you to publish comments, ratings, recommendations or content to the public. Any information you disclose using these features, including for example your screen name or ID, or any image or photo as well as your comments or ratings, becomes public and may be used by TourTrek for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media. If you choose to engage in such activities, you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums and TourTrek has no responsibility to publish, take down, remove or edit any of your public activities or any of your submissions that are a result of your public activities.
If you have registered for a GoBe.com account, we will track and aggregate your public activities on GoBe.com. By choosing to participate in these activities, you are electing to share and display such public activities via GoBe.com. Also, your activities may be included in RSS feeds, APIs and made available to other Web sites via other formats. As a result, your public activities may appear on other Web sites, blogs, or feeds. Keep in mind that we are not responsible for any personal information you choose to make public via your public activities, and you agree that such sharing will be deemed to have been done by you, not TourTrek.
Combining the Information We Collect
All of the information described above, including non-personally identifiable information, that we collect may be combined by us for a variety of purposes including to understand better your personal preferences and interests and to help us tailor our communications to you.
How We Use the Information Gathered
Personally Identifiable Information
General Uses. We use the personally identifiable information that you share with us to help us personalize and continually improve your interactions with us. We also use that information for any purposes made clear in the data entry forms themselves, or in any relevant terms or conditions or on any pages or emails which link to such forms. In addition, we use that personally identifiable information for a variety of purposes including the following:
- to Provide the Products/Services/Functions Requested and Bill For Those.
- to Process any Orders or Inquiries You May Place.
- to Provide You With Information About Our Products or Services and to Develop Advertising Tailored to Your Interests.
- to Share Your Data with third party organizations about their products or services that we believe may be of interest to you (if you agree to allow such sharing unless otherwise permitted herein).
- to Customize the Content You See When Visiting Our Websites;
- to Perform Statistical or Other Analysis.
- to Operate Our Loyalty and Reward Programs.
- for Immigration, Security and Law Enforcement matters.
- to Defend or Protect the Rights and Properties of TourTrek or its Affiliates.
- to Enforce the Rights of TourTrek or its Affiliates and to Protect The Safety of Our Guests and Staff.
- for Other Purposes Disclosed to You At the Time We Collect Information From You.
When you make a booking you will be given an order number. Your Order number should be kept confidential at all times as a person with that number may be able to obtain access to your booking details and itinerary through our system.
Marketing to You. Unless otherwise indicated or prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right to use your personally identifiable information for our own marketing purposes. Some examples of these uses include statistical and marketing analysis, operation of our loyalty and reward programs, contacting you regarding participation in customer surveys and identifying your requirements and preferences.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may use non-personally identifiable information for any lawful reason, including but not limited to:
- improving the design and content of our website;
- identifying and solving problems with our servers or other systems;
- enabling us to provide a more personalized experience when you browse the Internet;
- improve our use of and relationships with advertisements and advertisers.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties
General Policy. TourTrek will not trade, sell or share your personally identifiable information for use by any third parties for marketing purposes unless we have informed you, been authorized by you or are required by law to do so.
The following entities are not considered to be third parties.
- Affiliates of TourTrek. The term "third parties" does not include any parent, subsidiaries or affiliates of TourTrek.
- Travel Suppliers or Fulfillment Agents. When you purchase tours, shore excursions or other services or products that are to be provided by another party, we share your information with that supplier so that the supplier can provide or make the arrangements needed to have provided to you the services or products requested.
- Travel Agencies. From time to time, we may make available your personally identifiable information to select travel agencies who have agreed to only use that information to market to you our products or services and who have further agreed to not trade, sell or share that information with other third parties.
- Joint Marketing Programs. As provided in the terms and conditions of the sweepstakes, contest or promotion you may enter, your information may be disclosed to sponsors and third parties involved in the promotion. As specified in the terms and conditions for the applicable promotion, by entering into the promotion, you may be agreeing to allow TourTrek or its sponsors to use your name, voice or likeness in either party’s advertisements, promotions or other marketing materials.
Disclosures to Governments or to Protect TourTrek or Others
Disclosures to Governmental Authorities. As required by national, state or provincial or local governmental authorities or as requested and approved by TourTrek or an Affiliate, TourTrek may disclose personally identifiable information to such governmental authorities. For example, your personally identifiable information may be provided for immigration and customs control, as required by a subpoena or court order, and for safety, security, health, administrative and legal functions and customer relations functions.
We may provide aggregate non-personally identifiable information to third parties (such as marketers, ad server companies and advertisers) that make use of general customer data. We may also share that information with concessionaires aboard our vessels and with other third parties.
How do I tell TourTrek That I don't want to Receive Promotional Communications?
You always have the option of removing your address, telephone number or e-mail address so that you will not receive further promotional communications from TourTrek via that communication channel.
- If you would like us to stop sending promotional e-mail or promotional telephone calls or promotional direct mail marketing to you, you can either:
- log onto www.GoBe.com and change your profile settings if you have an account; or
- you can send us an e-mail at hello@GoBe.com.
- NOTE: If you tell us that you do not wish to receive further promotional e-mail marketing, you may still receive e-mail communications from us (e.g. an e-mail confirming and servicing any bookings you make with us or providing you with the latest statement for your TourTrek loyalty program membership, if TourTrek elects to offer such as program).
Changing or Updating Your Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at GoBe.com and clicking on the “Login” link. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made online.
Links and Third Parties
Our websites and mobile apps often provide links to resources that we believe may be useful. These links will lead you to websites operated by third parties that operate under different privacy policies. We encourage you to review those privacy policies, as we have no control over information you may submit to those third parties.
How do we protect your information?
Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct usage of information, we monitor and adjust our commercially reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to continually improve how we safeguard and secure the information we collect online from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or alteration.
While we strive to safeguard your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee that any method of data transmission or data storage is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, A THIRD PARTY'S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE ARE GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS.
What about children under the age of 14?
None of our Web sites are targeted or directed at children (minors under 14 years of age), and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children who have not obtained parental consent.
Consent to Transfer of Personally Identifiable Information.
We operate a number of websites, some of which are designed and intended for customers in specific countries or geographic regions.
Notice to California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 may allow you to request that TourTrek refrain from disclosing certain personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to hello@GoBe.com or write us:
CA Privacy Rights
TourTrek SEZC Ltd.
P.O. Box 10315
Grand Cayman KY1-1003
For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line of your request and include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address. We do not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile and do not bear responsibility for requests that are not labeled or sent properly or do not have all of the required information. TourTrek will determine whether the statute applies to you and, if so, will provide the information as required by applicable law.
Questions or Comments?
Effective As Of: November 15, 2015
- BACK TO TOP