Private Confucianism, Daoism and Buddhism in China Tour
- Temple of Confucius: Visit this 230,000 square-foot temple housing stone steles with the Thirteen Confucian Classics, a variety of historical documents of ancient China, and the famed carving of "two dragons playing a pearl among the clouds."
- Yonghe Lama Temple: Enter the largest and best preserved lamasery in China. Once the residence of Yongzheng before becoming emperor, the temple holds an ancient copper cooking vessel thought one of the three rarest objects in Beijing.
- Altar of the Earth: See the last remaining temple for worshipping the god of the earth, built in 1530, and used by 14 emperors until 1911. The Earth God Worship House was converted into a cultural and historic relic exhibition building in 1986.
- Traditional hutong: Walk down one of Beijing's famous alleys formed by traditional courtyard residences and see how the intersection of Confucianism, Buddhism, and Daoism influence daily life.
- Small group = more personal: Share your experience with only the people you know; enjoy the luxury of deeper interaction with your guide and a more flexible itinerary.
Meet your guide in front of Costa Coffee, at Yonghegong Street (Yonghegong Jie)and Wudaoying Hutong, south of Yonghegong metro station exit A, north of exit D, and across the street from exit C. Look for a low, local-style building that houses a KFC.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Bring local currency to pay for your admission to the temple directly - 57 rmb. Conservative, modest attire only; no tight tops or pants and avoid wearing shorts in public. Light cotton/linen pants and loose shirts are best. Shoulders and legs must be covered for a visit to a religious site.
Conservative, modest attire only; no tight tops or pants and avoid wearing shorts in public. Light cotton/linen pants and loose shirts are best. Shoulders and legs must be covered for a visit to a religious site.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. This itinerary can be modified for your private group to accommodate wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. Let us know ahead of time at Hello@GoBe.com.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic, Family Friendly, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
You cannot participate in this tour if you have not sent your passport number and name beforehand. Context walks can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to the walk with an 85% refund. Within 48 hours all reservations are final and cannot be refunded. Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide. No shows are treated as last-minute cancelations and are non-refundable. Cancellations within two business days need to be made directly with our local offices by calling them directly (or on the emergency number provided). Cancellations made via email or by calling our U.S. 800 number may not be honored.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.