Small-Group (6 Person) Tour of Bangkok
- Wat Saket: Visit the temple known as the Golden Mount, built on a man-made hill. One of the holiest sites in the city, the grounds boast mature trees and Buddhist structures. Inside the 190-foot chedi is a Buddha relic.
- Democracy Monument: See Thailand's version of the Arc de Triomphe, built in 1939. The monument is full of symbolism, and a copy of the original constitution is held in its central pedestal.
- Khaosan Road: Walk along what has been described as the "backpacking center of the universe" and soak in the care-free vibe; then, take some of the quiet backstreets and see very old houses and feel the contrasting ambiance.
- Chao Phraya River: Board a ferry, cruise down this ancient river from where you can see a variety of amazing buildings, like the Palace and the Temple of Dawn.
- Wat Mahathat: Disembark in the historic section and end your tour at this ancient temple, an important center for the study of Buddhism and meditation.
- Expert guide: Let your knowledgeable guide show you around the streets of Bangkok, the old and the new, as you discuss the birth of the city and it growth.
- Small group: To provide you with a higher level of attention and interaction with your guide, and create a higher level of intimacy, the tour is limited to no more than six people.
About This Bangkok Tour
Get an introduction to the city of Bangkok that does more than drag you from sight to sight. Your guide is an expert on the city and its history. So you'll see the sights and know the stories.
From your starting point at the Golden Mount you can stand on one of the city's old sites and gaze upon the new, modern version. The peacefulness at this temple presents a deep contrast to the hustle and bustle below.
You'll go by the Democracy Monument. You'll walk down busy modern streets and quaint old alleys that go back centuries. And you'll travel on the Chao Phraya River and see the actual spot where the city was born.
This tour is much more than hopping from sight to sight. It's informative and enlightening. A wonderful way to learn your way around.
Please make your way to the BTS station National Stadium. Your guide will be waiting at Exit 3/4 outside the skytrain turnstiles but still inside the station. You are prepaid for your ferry rides and temple entrance.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. You are prepaid for your ferry rides and temple entrance. When is the best time to book this walk? Due to the heat and humidity of midday Bangkok, it's best to start in the morning or late afternoon though we can start at other times on request.
In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. If your mobility is limited, this tour may be too challenging for you. This itinerary is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Temple entrance fees
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Travelers must be 13 years of age and older to participate.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.