Half-Day Tour: Land Rover Safari Adventure and Snorkeling with Lunch
- Land Rover adventure: Hop aboard a state-of-the-art Land Rover for an exhilarating ride through Aruba’s sparkling coastline! For a more hands-on experience, take control of the wheel as you trek through the glorious, yet slightly bumpy terrain, without hesitation. Drivers must be 21 years of age or older.
- Aruba's Arikok National Park: Covering nearly 20 percent of the island, this gorgeous park takes you on a memorable journey of the island’s cultural and historical sites while offering panoramic views of Aruba’s desert-like hills and beautiful coastline.
- Snorkeling in Conchi: Commonly referred to as “Aruba’s most important natural attraction”, this stunning natural pool is formed by a wall of volcanic rock and is only accessible by all-terrain vehicles, horseback, or on foot–so you should enjoy a bit of exclusivity as you encounter the array of marine and coral life that this natural oasis offers.
- Aruba Natural Bridge: At 23 feet above sea level, and comprised of coral limestone, this bridge was once a top tourist destination until its collapse in 2005. However, the remains of the bridge are still a sought-after tourist attraction due to the picturesque scenery of the ocean and limestone rocks.
- Bushiribana Gold Mill Ruins: Travel back in time to 1824 when gold was first discovered in Aruba! These ruins are all that are left of a once thriving gold mill often used as a pirate hideaway.
- Meals included: Get ready to feast on a hot, authentic Aruban lunch that includes BBQ chicken drumsticks, rice, coleslaw, black beans, vegetarian pasta, soup of the day, and ice-cold water to quench your thirst! Craving something else? No worries–meal upgrades, beer, and cocktails are available for purchase at the restaurant nearby.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off: You needn’t worry about getting lost! We pick you up from your hotel, and take you where you need to go, in the comfort of a small caravan. Simply let us know the name and address of your hotel, during booking, and we’ll make sure a GoBe guide is there to meet you.
- Bring the little ones: Tour is suitable for children ages 3 and up.
About this Oranjestad tour
During the 19th century, Aruba experienced a major gold rush. Step back in time at a place where ore was once processed from nearby mines. Although no longer in use (just like the Lighthouse landmark you’ll visit), remnants of the gold mill are very well preserved.
Made up of three geological formations - quartz diorite formation, lava formation and limestone formation - Arikok National Park doesn’t disappoint its visitors. You will head to the park along a paved road in a 4x4 Land Rover and the complexity of the landscape will blow you away from the moment you arrive.
Dry riverbeds, historic Fontein Cave paintings and an old agricultural plantation shine a light on Aruba’s past and how previous generations once lived. Conservation is heavily focused on at the National Park, with bat monitoring, reforestation projects and bird counting regularly taking place around the land, which is home to the Natural Pool.
The most important natural attraction in Aruba, a short off-road ride will take you to “Conchi.” Jump in from a surrounding cliff and put on your snorkeling mask to witness fish slicing through the water. Several bays are located close by, so why not sunbathe on the powder-white sands and stay hydrated with a complimentary drink?
Aruba – A Flora- and Fauna-Filled Island
The shimmering blue waters that encircle Aruba are a stark contrast to the cactus-strewn landscape. With its dry climate, you may think that flora and fauna don’t grow in abundance. However, adding color to the island are orchid, Magdalena, hibiscus, vines and the Caribbean pine tree. Much vegetation also grows around the flat landscape. If you ever get lost, look for the Divi Divi tree, because the trade winds blowing from the northeast cause it to point in a southwesterly direction.
Please meet in the lobby/reception area of your hotel. Be sure to indicate the name of your hotel at check-out so we know where to meet you. Your guide will be holding a sign with GoBe or your name on it.
Please remember to supply your Hotel name and room number at hotel checkout.
Tour has two departures daily.
Tour includes swimming at the best snorkeling spots in Aruba. At the beach, your tour guide provides a personal briefing and instructions. When requested, guides will also gladly provide snorkel equipment and will accompany you to point out the underwater highlights.
If you want to experience an adventure behind the wheel, bring your driver's license. If you would rather sit back and enjoy the ride, not a problem, a driver/guide will be provided for you. Family/friend and drivers share the same jeep and will alternate driving duties at each stop. When a company driver is driving, vehicles can hold between 9 to 10 passengers per each vehicle, including the driver. When a traveler is driving, a maximum of 6 passengers per vehicle including the driver.
Tour involves a moderate amount of walking over gravel, sandy paths, and other natural surfaces. You must be able to balance, climb in/out of vehicle without assistance. Tour is not a suitable for you if you use a wheelchair or have limited mobility.
Beach, Adventure, Scenic
4X4 Land Rovers, each with great suspension and extra thick and high-density foam on your seats for a super comfortable ride. Most are equipped with manual transmission.
Hot Lunch - Aruban-style
Ice & Water
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Travelers must be 3 years of age or older to participate in this tour. The minimum age to drive is 21 years.
Special Medical Restriction
This tour is not suitable for travelers with heart, neck, back, shoulder or knee problems or pregnant women due to bumping and jarring motions experienced when riding an 4X4 off-road. This experience is not wheelchair accessible.
Each Traveler must sign a waiver before beginning the tour.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.