Private Vienna Walking Tour with Historian
- Church of Maria am Gestade: See this beautiful old church with an intricately styled, lattice-like tower that makes it as one of Vienna's true Gothic structures.
- Freyung Square: Visit the historic center of Vienna, named for a monastery where fugitives were immune from Habsburg jurisdiction. The square is bordered by several restored 18th century palaces.
- Ringstrasse: Walk along this historic street and see impressive symbols of the Habsburgs' wealth and might, like the Parliament building and Hofburg Palace.
- St. Stephan's Cathedral: Vienna's cathedral is a stunning example of Gothic architecture and design. Notice the narrative reliefs in the doorway and the nave.
- Expert guide: Let your knowledgeable guide point things of interest, as you explore the many transitions that have shaped Vienna into the city it is today.
- Small group = more personal: Share your experience with only the people you know; enjoy the luxury of deeper interaction with your guide and a more flexible itinerary.
Please meet your guide in front of the Salzamt Restaurant, Ruprechtsplatz 1. This is a pedestrian street.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. This itinerary can be modified for your private group to accommodate wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. Let us know ahead of time at Hello@GoBe.com.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic, Family Friendly, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Special Medical Restriction
If you use a folding wheelchair, we'll do our best to accommodate you with at least 7 days' advanced notice, providing you have someone along to assist you. Email us at Hello@GoBe.com. Accessibility at all venues cannot be guaranteed.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.