Private Prague Coffeehouse Tour
Prague, Czech Republic
- Skip the Crowds: You won’t be lost in a group on this excursion. This is a small, private, leisurely paced, 3-hour walking tour limited to six persons. You may book as part of a group or as an individual.
- Guided Tour: Questions are encouraged. Your docent is a Ph.D. or MA level expert on the history of Prague who will lead your exploration without using a script. Whether you simply want to listen to a presentation or interact with your group, let your guide know your preferences.
- See where history was made: Each coffeehouse we visit once served as the central gathering spot for a faction of Central European thought or art. We will discuss how coffee culture influenced the social history of Prague over the last 150 years.
- Coffee sampling: Let your senses help you decide as you sip and savor the many different coffee blends you will be offered during our walk. Your guide will describe to you what is being offered. You decide which drinks you want to taste.
- Taste authentic Czech desserts: Consuming pastry with coffee is a tradition. Honey cake, koloach, trdelnik and strudel, popular native desserts, will be served along with your coffee.
- Marvel at the mélange of architecture and style: Opulent is often used to describe Prague’s décor, especially its turn of the century coffeehouse decor. The mixture of ornate, baroque, art nouveau, modern and decadent stylings of the late 19th and 20 centuries reflect the diversity of the city’s population and the vibrancy of pre-war social and artistic expression.
Please meet your guide in front of the main entrance of Cafe Savoy, located at Vítezná 124/5.
Bring change to buy your Tasting fees.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. This itinerary can be modified for your private group to accommodate wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. Let us know ahead of time at Hello@GoBe.com.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic, Family Friendly, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Special Medical Restriction
If you use a folding wheelchair, we'll do our best to accommodate you with at least 7 days advanced notice, providing you have someone along to assist you. Email us at Hello@GoBe.com. Accessibility at all venues cannot be guaranteed.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.