Private Jewish Prague Tour
Prague, Czech Republic
- Skip the crowds: This leisurely 3-hour walking tour is for individuals or private groups with no more than six persons.
- Guided Tour: Questions are encouraged. Your docent is a Ph.D. or MA level expert on the history of Prague and Czechoslovakian society who will lead your exploration without using a script. Whether you simply want to listen to a presentation or interact with your group, let your guide know your preferences.
- The Jewish Quarter: Meander along the main merchant roads leading to Prague Castle to experience the pathways that Prague’s Jewish community has lived beside since the 10th century. Medieval laws allowed Jewish persons to build homes on land adjacent to the roadways which defined the community.
- The Jewish Ghetto: Pinpointing when the Quarter became the Ghetto is difficult. The establishment of a Jewish Town Hall for the community in the 1500s is often cited as the turning point. One of our stops is a Jewish ceremonial building similar to the neighborhood’s early town hall.
- The Old New Synagogue: Don’t get confused by title. When the oldest synagogue in Prague, the Old Synagogue, was destroyed, its replacement, the New Synagogue was built on its grounds. The replacement synagogue, called the Old New Synagogue, is the oldest synagogue in Europe. We will visit the Old New Synagogue and several other ancient synagogues that remain open to the public.
- The Old Jewish Cemetery: Bodies are buried 12 deep in Prague’s Old Jewish Cemetery, the oldest Jewish cemetery in Europe. Here we will discuss Jewish burial customs and rituals.
- Bring the little ones: Our docents are family friendly.
- Flexibility: The tickets purchased on GoBe can be used any time the during our published tour schedule. So, if your travel plans change, there is no need to rebook. Don't like the weather? Go another day. The choice is yours.
Please meet your guide outside of the Restaurant Franz Kakfa, located at Namesti Franze Kafky 3. This is a small square just northwest of Old Town Square, on the corner of Kaprova and Platnerska streets.
Bring change (CZK 480 per person) for admission into the Jewish Museum sites.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. This itinerary can be modified for your private group to accommodate wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. Let us know ahead of time at Hello@GoBe.com.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic, Family Friendly, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Special Medical Restriction
If you use a folding wheelchair, we'll do our best to accommodate you with at least 7 day's advanced notice, providing you have someone along to assist you. Email us at Hello@GoBe.com. Accessibility at all venues cannot be guaranteed.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.