Private Walking Tour of Prague with Historian
Prague, Czech Republic
- Skip the crowds: This leisurely 3-hour walking tour is for groups with no more than six persons.
- Prague Castle: You’ll have regal views of the city and the river as you look down from our starting point at the castle. With fortifications dating back to 970, this is Europe’s largest ancient palace. From the 12th century Kings of Bohemia to the current President of the Czech Republic it has been used as a residence for the head of state and as a seat of power.
- St Vitus’ Cathedral: Considered a masterwork of Gothic architecture, St Vitus’, housed in Prague Castle, is the seat of the Archbishop of Prague and the largest and most important Catholic church in the country. It is arguably, after the Vatican, one of the most extensive church treasuries in Europe.
- Charles Bridge: Offering cityscape views that will allow you to see Charles IV grand plan, this Gothic bridge helped Prague gain prominence as trade route between Eastern and Western Europe. Central to the medieval rebuilding of Prague, for centuries it offered the only land crossing for the Vitava River.
- Carolinum: Named after its patron, Charles IV, the Carolinum is a complex of buildings featuring dormitories for Prague’s Charles University. Located in Old Town, these buildings built in the 1300s are a part of one of Europe’s oldest university communities and are the oldest academic dormitories in Central Europe.
- Be in the know: Your experience will be unscripted. Your expert docent is a Ph.D. or MA level historian knowledgeable about both the historic Prague you’ve read about and the contemporary Prague you will want to know.
- Bring the little ones: Our docents are family friendly.
- Flexibility: The tickets purchased on GoBe can be used any time the public buildings are open. So, if your travel plans change, there is no need to rebook. Don't like the weather? Go another day.
Please meet your guide at the main entrance of the Prague Castle, next to the statue of Tomas Garrigue Masaryk, located in front of the Salmovska Palace; the street address is Hradcanska Namesti 185/2, 118 00 Prague 1.
Bring change to buy your entry ticket to Prague Castle (about 250 - 300 CZK).
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. This itinerary can be modified for your private group to accommodate wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. Let us know ahead of time at Hello@GoBe.com.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic, Family Friendly, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Special Medical Restriction
If you use a folding wheelchair, we'll do our best to accommodate you with at least 7 days of advanced notice, providing you have someone along to assist you. Email us at Hello@GoBe.com. Accessibility at all venues cannot be guaranteed.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.