Small-Group Art Nouveau Walking Tour of Prague
Prague, Czech Republic
- Expert-led: You’ll obtain a vast knowledge of Art Nouveau’s influence throughout Prague and Europe with an experienced docent.
- House of the Black Madonna: Designed by Josef Gočár, this is considered the first major display of Cubist architecture. You’ll note how its distinct design compares to other Czech construction during the turn of the century.
- Grand Hotel Europa: If you have an opportunity, walk by this elaborate building. It’s currently closed for renovations, but its lavish exterior is sure to inspire awe.
- Lucerna Bar: See another fine example of Art Nouveau architecture. “Lucerna” is Czech for “lantern.” This concert venue has hosted many popular Czech and international music acts.
- Municipal House: Witness where history was made, in which the beginnings of Czech independence formed in this ornate, stunning building.
Please meet your guide just in front of the entrance to the House of the Black Madonna (now the Museum of Czech Cubism), which is located at Ovocny trh 19. You will see a cafe with tables and chairs out front and we will meet right by the doorway.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. If your mobility is limited, this tour may be too challenging for you. This itinerary is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Travelers must be 13 years of age or older to participate in this tour.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.