6-Person Tour of Prague Castle
Prague, Czech Republic
- Skip the crowds: This leisurely 3-hour walking tour is for groups with no more than six persons.
- Guided Tour: Questions are encouraged. Your docent is a Ph.D. or MA level expert on the history of Prague and Czechoslovakian society who will lead your exploration without using a script. Whether you simply want to listen to a presentation or interact with your group, let your guide know your preferences.
- Prague Castle: Look down from the castle’s perch and you’ll have regal views of the city and river. With fortifications dating back to 970, this is the world’s largest coherent castle complex. From the 12th century Kings of Bohemia to the current President of the Czech Republic it has been used as a residence for the head of state and as a seat of power. Due to its lengthy life, Prague Castle is said to display every architectural design concept of the last millennium.
- St Vitus’ Cathedral: Considered a masterwork of Gothic architecture, St Vitus’, housed in Prague Castle, is arguably, after the Vatican, one of the most extensive church treasuries in Europe. It is the seat of the Archbishop of Prague and the largest and most important Catholic church in the country.
- Strahov Monastery: Enjoy a leisurely walk through the numerous ornate, well preserved, history laden buildings that comprise the monastery. Built in 1143 atop a hill overlooking the river, the cityscape views it now offers are breathtaking. We will visit the Basilica of St. George, the Strahov Library and the Basilica of Assumption of Our Lady within the monastery complex.
- Basilica of St. George: Renovated to Romanesque standards, this is the oldest surviving church building in the castle complex. Founded in 920, this building is still in service, functioning as the home of the National Gallery of Prague’s 19th Century Bohemian Art Collection.
- Strahov Library: Step into medieval and majestic splendor when you enter this book lovers’ high temple. Stucco, frescoes, wall murals and baroque art work adorn the Philosophical and Theological Halls of the monastery, each called the New Library of their era. These New Libraries are considered the world’s most beautiful book repositories.
- Basilica of Assumption of Our Lady: Conceived as a triple nave Romanesque basilica, the church was rebuilt in baroque style in 1742 after being bombarded by the French.
- Bring the little ones: Our docents are family friendly. This exciting tour is suitable for children ages 6 and up.
- Ticketing flexibility: Tour tickets purchased on GoBe can be used any time the public buildings are open. So, if your travel plans change, there is no need to rebook. Don't like the weather? Go another day. Site entry tickets will be purchased on the day of the tour.
Please meet your guide at the Pohorelec tram stop (line 22), next to the large statue just near the stop (the Monument to Johannes Kepler and Tycho de Brahe). Please note: you are responsible for paying your entry fees.
Bring change to buy your entry ticket to Prague Castle and Strahov Monastery (approximately CZK 500).
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. If your mobility is limited, this tour may be too challenging for you. This itinerary is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Travelers must be 13 years of age or older to participate in this tour.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.