Alnwick Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Alnwick Castle: This prototypical English castle guarding the River Aln goes back to 1096 and was repeatedly expanded to become the colossal, imposing fortress you see today. Featured in Harry Potter films and Downton Abbey, it's the ancestral home of the 12th Duke of Northumberland.
- Alnwick Garden: Created on castle lands by the first duke in 1750, the garden is a magnificent playground of meticulously landscaped flower beds around a grand central fountain; rope bridges and treetop walkways lead to one of the world's largest tree houses.
- The market: Alnwick grew prosperous as a medieval market town, and the center of town still draws residents and visitors to its cobbled streets and historic stone buildings, site of shops, galleries, the Farmers Market and the Market Cross.
- All of Alnwick: See St. Michael's Church, built in the 14th and 15th centuries near the castle; Barter Books, housed in a charming former rail station and Britain's largest second-hand bookstore; the 300-year-old White Swan Hotel, the Alnwick Playhouse, and more.
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
Please make your way to Alnwick Market Place. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map that will be on your booking confirmation voucher and listen to the audio for more detail.
Be sure to bring spending money; venue entrance fees are not included.
This 2.2 mile audio walking tour includes uneven ground, cobblestone streets, crowded sidewalks and narrow paths.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
There is no age restriction; the audio tour may be more suitable for travelers 12 years and older.
This tour is non-refundable from the time of purchase, unless a validated technical error occurs.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.