This is a seasonal tour operating mid-March through the first days of November.
Hop On, Hop Off Chester Open-Top Bus Tour
- Plan your trip: This tour is available from March 24 to November 4. The first tour begins at 9:45 a.m. The last tour is at 5 p.m. The duration of the tour is 1 hour with a frequency of 30 minutes. You may use your ticket within three months of the purchase date and at any time within a 24-hour period.
- Hop on, hop off: See the sights you want without worrying about transportation! Get on and off whenever and wherever you’d like and explore every site your way.
- Fun and informative: Provided headsets offer informative recorded commentary and inside information on this historic town, which began as a sprawling Roman fortress 2,000 years ago.
- Top attractions: See the city walls and amphitheater the Romans left, the Norman city castle built in 1070, the massive gothic Church of Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Cheshire Military Museum, Grosvenor Park, and more.
About this Chester Tour
Hop on and off as many times as you'd like, to get a comprehensive look at this wonderful city.
- Cregate Street
- Vicar’s Lane
- The Groves
- Lower Bridge Street
- Castle Drive
- Car & Coach Park
- Lower Bridge Street
- Grosvenor Street
- Old Port Area
- Princess Street/Hunters Walk (Not on Sundays)
- Delamere Street
- St Werburgh Street (Sundays Only)
Please make your way to any of the designated departure points along the route.
You can Hop On and Hop Off during the day as you please and walking is at your discretion. Entrance fees are not included, unless stated otherwise. Bring local currency for any additional purchases or souvenirs.
All buses have wheelchair accessible ramps and have a designated wheelchair space. Walking is at your discretion.
Bus Tour, Family Friendly, Budget
Partial open top double decker buses
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages.
All sales are final. Tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.