Private Walking Tour of Kensington and Knightsbridge
- Kensington Gardens: You may catch a glimpse of your favorite celebrity or politician jogging the pathways of this Royal Park. Open daily to the public, this park was once the private garden of Kensington Palace and accessible only to “respectfully dressed” members of society on select days.
- Albert Memorial: A symbol of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert’s London, this monument was commissioned by the queen as a tribute to her deceased husband. Its Victorian age embellishments symbolize the prince’s love of the arts by featuring 187-life sized marble relief statues of then-contemporary artists surrounding the base. Name as many of these artists as you can without cheating and you may prove yourself the ultimate Victorian age cultural historian.
- Harrods: You can’t call yourself an Anglophile if you haven’t eaten a violet cream or Scotch egg from Harrods. This shopping emporium, food court and luxury department store lives up to its motto, Omnia Omnibus Ubique, Latin for ‘All Things for All People, Everywhere’. Harrods has for centuries epitomized luxury in a department store setting.
- Victoria and Albert Museum: Considered the world’s leading museum of art and design, the V&A as it is commonly called, houses post-classical European sculptures. It also showcases casts of Michelangelo’s David and the Trajan Column.
- Skip the crowds: No tour group may have more than six members. Individual interaction with your expert guide who is a Ph.D. or MA level historian is encouraged.
- Bring the little ones: Our docents are family friendly and can adapt their presentation styles to the learning styles of children. However, please contact us directly if you have children under 13.
About This London Tour
Our orientation to this unique part of London begins with a discussion of the village atmosphere nurtured by its inhabitants. We will start our walk on High Street in Kensington. From there we will stroll to Kensington Gardens while having a discussion of London’s parks and outdoor spaces. We will take note of the amazing architecture found bordering this Royal Park.
Please meet in front of the church of St. Mary Abbott's at the corner of Kensington Church Street and High Street Kensington. The closest tube stop is High Street Kensington.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. If your mobility is limited, this tour may be too challenging for you. This itinerary is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Family Friendly, Walking Tour, Cultural, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages. Traveling with children 12 years of age and younger? Tell us their ages and interests during the booking process so we can match you with the best guide.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.