Private Guided Tour: See Lyon Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: Discover Lyon with a friendly and certified, English-speaking expert who makes the most of your time with a custom tour.
- GoBe can help plan: Let GoBe be your guide to Lyon's celebrated squares and monuments, and its fountain by Frederic Auguste Bartholdi (famous for the Statue of Liberty). Visit impressive churches, and read the 14th-century astronomical clock at St. Jean Cathedral. Row a boat, ride a horse, and stroll the gardens and zoo at France's largest urban park. Or take your seat in the Roman theaters at Fourviere hill, and catch the funicular to the peak for the top views in town.
- Skip the lines: You get into attractions quickly as we speed you to the front of the line at the Museum of Fine Arts (masters from Rubens to Picasso, plus a garden and terrace) and Gadagne Museum (local heritage and a puppet museum). Cinema was born in Lyon, so the Musee Lumiere is a must-see for film buffs.
- The inside scoop: The street art is amazing here, with more than 100 trompe-l'oeil ("deceive the eye") paintings around town. How many will you spot?
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when and where it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: Explore the city on a walking tour, or hop a bus, a tram, or the Metro. Longing to see quaint French villages, Roman ruins, or historic country chateaux? We can take you there with ease. With 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group.
No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel. Be sure to specify the name of the hotel at check out. At the meeting time, look for our GoBe representative, holding a sign with your name.
A jacket and umbrella may come in handy and remember to bring bottled water. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
The old city of Lyon is easily explored on foot but expect inclines and cobblestone paths. Historical buildings accessible by steps only. If your mobility is limited, bring a companion to offer any assistance.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
English, French, Italian, Spanish
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.