Small-Group Walking Tour Paris' Right and Left Banks
- More than a guide: Even by GoBe standards, your tour leader is special. A Paris insider with scholarly creds, this "docent" (that's Latin for teacher), will bring you right up to speed on the origins, highlights, and character of this captivating city.
- Extra attention: With a max group size of six, you can engage directly with your docent, get in-depth answers to your questions, learn a bit about local customs and how best to get around, maybe even steer the walk to cover your special interests.
- The Left Bank (Rive Gauche): Bohemian, cobbled, church-laden and student-filled, this side of the Seine oozes with intellectual sparkle and artsy cafes made famous in 20th-century avant-garde lit. Highlights include the Latin Quarter, Luxembourg Gardens, created in 1612 by Marie de' Medici, and the Pantheon, where many of French literature's greats are buried.
- The Right Bank (Rive Droite): This is Paris' swank, grandly architectural side – where the kings once hung out. Crossing via the pedestrian Pont des Arts bridge, you'll encounter everything from the ornate Louvre and Palais Royale (with its cool courtyard), to the historic Les Halles market district and postmodern Pompidou Centre.
- Discussion stops: At various times during the walk, you'll pause someplace scenic – like the riverside square at Place du Châtelet – to spend a few minutes talking about what you've seen, how it all connects together, and how this city's two distinct "halves" create a truly magnificent whole.
Please meet your guide in front of the restaurant Le Saint Andre, located at 2 Rue Danton.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. If your mobility is limited, this tour may be too challenging for you. This itinerary is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Travelers must be 13 years of age or older to participate in this tour.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.