Private Tour of Berlin with a Historian
- Brandenburg Gate: See this historic landmark which became the symbol of a divided Germany during the Cold War. It was here, in 1987, that Ronald Reagan famously said, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall."
- Holocaust Memorial: Visit the simple but powerful memorial dedicated to the "murdered Jews in Europe." Notice how the design and placement of the monolithic slabs creates a feeling of instability and disorientation.
- Reichstag: See one of Berlin's most famous landmarks; the seat of the German parliament. It was here that the famous picture of a soldier raising the Soviet flag signified the defeat of Germany in World War II.
- Ghosts of Berlin: Your guide will help you seek out these special places in Berlin where you can see different layers of the city's history on display side-by-side.
- Expert guide: Enjoy an informative and enlightening conversation with your guide, a local historian or scholar, as you walk along some of central Berlin's most famous and historic sights.
- Small group = more personal: Share your experience with only the people you know; enjoy the luxury of deeper interaction with your guide and a more flexible itinerary.
You'll meet in front of Backer Wiedemann, a cafe located at Pariser Platz 4A. The cafe is located near a very busy Starbucks so kindly wait directly in front of Backer Wiedemann. The nearest public transportation stop is Brandenburger Tor on the S-Bahn.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather.
If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Buildings, museums, streets, and monuments can sometimes close without notice due to labor strikes, structural problems, or other civic disturbances.
The docent who leads a given walk may become unavailable at the last minute due to illness or other unforeseen circumstance. In these cases we will seek to re-organize the walk to accommodate the change; however, our responsibility in these cases is limited and we cannot be held liable for circumstances beyond our control.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. If your mobility is limited, this tour may be too challenging for you. This itinerary is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Cultural, Walking Tour, Private Tour
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.