Private Scholar-Led Walking the Berlin Wall
- The Wall: Trace the path that the Berlin Wall made through the city, dividing it in two. Learn how the Wall was built, what it symbolized, and the events that led to its dramatic fall.
- Berlin Wall Memorial: Here, where your tour begins, you'll hear incredible stories of what people did to escape – or try to – from the communist government on the East Berlin side. Learn about the cold-hearted "death strip" that lined the Wall.
- Nordbahnhof: Visit one of the "ghost stations" from the Berlin Wall era – one of the eerie, dimly lit, but heavily guarded stations belonging to the communist East side that some West Berlin trains passed by without stopping on their daily route.
- Expert guide: Enjoy an enlightening conversation with your guide, an expert in 20th century history, about anything and everything relating to the events of the Berlin Wall.
- Small group = more personal: Share your experience with only the people you know; enjoy the luxury of deeper interaction with your guide and a more flexible itinerary.
We will meet just outside the entrance at the Visitor Center of the Berlin Wall Memorial, Bernauer Straße 119. Please do not confuse this with the Berlin Wall Documentation Center, which is also located on the same street at number 111.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather.
If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Buildings, museums, streets, and monuments can sometimes close without notice due to labor strikes, structural problems, or other civic disturbances.
The docent who leads a given walk may become unavailable at the last minute due to illness or other unforeseen circumstance. In these cases we will seek to re-organize the walk to accommodate the change; however, our responsibility in these cases is limited and we cannot be held liable for circumstances beyond our control.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. If your mobility is limited, this tour may be too challenging for you. This itinerary is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Cultural, Walking Tour, Private Tour
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.