Small-Group Nazi History Walking Tour
- Holocaust Memorial: Visit the simple but powerful memorial dedicated to the "murdered Jews in Europe." Notice how the design and placement of the monolithic slabs creates a feeling of instability and disorientation.
- Brandenburg Gate: See this iconic landmark from where you can look down Strasse de 17 Juni, one of the main boulevards of the proposed urban redesigning of the Nazi capital. The gate became a symbol of the Cold War.
- Hitler's Chancellery: Visit the site of the former nerve center of Nazi power, and secret location of the famous Fuhrerbunker, the underground shelter built to protect Hitler and some of his top people.
- Gestapo and SS Headquarters: See the site of one of the biggest symbols of Nazi terror and torture. The indoor/outdoor Topography of Terror Museum is there today, as a reminder of the war's incredible atrocities. (Entrance not included.)
- Expert guide: Enjoy an informative and enlightening conversation with your historian-guide, as you walk along what once was the epicenter of Nazi Germany.
- Small group: To provide you with a higher level of attention, intimacy, and interaction with your guide, the tour is limited to no more than six people.
You will meet your guide in front of Backer Wiedemann, a cafe located at Pariser Platz 4A. The cafe is located near a very busy Starbucks; therefore, please wait directly in front of Backer Wiedemann.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather.
If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Buildings, museums, streets, and monuments can sometimes close without notice due to labor strikes, structural problems, or other civic disturbances.
The docent who leads a given walk may become unavailable at the last minute due to illness or other unforeseen circumstance. In these cases we will seek to re-organize the walk to accommodate the change; however, our responsibility in these cases is limited and we cannot be held liable for circumstances beyond our control.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. If your mobility is limited, this tour may be too challenging for you. This itinerary is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Cultural, Walking Tour
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for travelers 13 years and older.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.