Hamburg Museum of Art Guided Tour by Private Vehicle
- Knowledgeable guides: Understand the skill, appreciate the artistry, and hear the stories behind great works of art as a local expert, speaking in your preferred language, leads you through different epochs and geographical regions.
- World-class museum: The Kunsthalle offers you a richly layered exploration of European art history as you tour its collections, including Old Masters, Nineteenth Century, Modern Art, Contemporary Art, and Prints and Drawings.
- Self-guided exploration: Browse favorite art works at your leisure at the guided tour's conclusion, returning to them for further appreciation or viewing ones you may have missed. Just let us know your decision at the time of booking and we will make the booking for the transfer back to your hotel, (or any other point of your choice), accordingly.
- Roundtrip transportation: Your tour begins and ends in style. A driver will pick you up at your hotel or other central location at the beginning of the tour then return you to your hotel or any other point of your choosing in Hamburg at an agreed-upon time.
- Totally Private: Hey we love group tours. But we know sometimes you want to explore with just your friends and family. Customized to fit your whole crew - just let us know if you want to invite more peeps.
About This Hamburg Tour
Hoping for a glimpse of brilliance while on holiday? Then you've come to the right place. The Hamburg Museum of Art, or Hamburger Kunsthalle, ranks among the most substantial collections of public art in the country and among the most prestigious on the Continent, right up there with the Louvre and the UK's National Gallery. Since the mid-19th century, the original grand red-brick building and annexed structures house the most unforgettable collection of fine German and European art.
While you can definitely explore this imposing museum on your own, you'll appreciate it even more with an experienced guide who has an encyclopedic knowledge of the Kunsthalle. Even better, you won't have to worry about getting to the museum, because you will be picked up from your hotel or any point in central Hamburg and taken there.
Here you'll view medieval works to 18th-century masterpieces in the Old Masters section, featuring pieces from Cranach, Goya, and Rembrandt. The collection represents northern Germany, the European Renaissance, the Italian Baroque period, and the golden age of Dutch art. Next, walk through the 19th-century galleries with stunning paintings by Friedrich, Manet, Renoir, Cezanne, and Gauguin.
The Modern and Contemporary areas round out your museum visit. Here you'll observe both paintings and sculpture from Munch, Beckmann, Marc, and others from 1900 to 1960. Finally, appreciate the dynamic creativity of media from the past half-century from Naumann and Richter, to name just a few. Stay as long as you wish at the Kunsthalle before your return trip to your destination. As Gerhard Richter, one of the greatest artists of our time, says, "Art is the highest form of hope."
"The gateway to the world"
Perhaps it's not surprising that the Hamburger Kunsthalle exists in such a sophisticated city. One of Europe's largest and most important ports for 800 years, Hamburg has always fostered tolerance and openness to other cultures. It's also one of the biggest media centers in Germany and aerospace hubs in the world. And yes, those very popular beef patties on a bun, hamburgers, were named after the city.
Please meet in the lobby/reception area of your hotel. Be sure to indicate the name of your hotel at check-out, or email Hello@GoBe.com so we know where to meet you. Your guide will be holding a sign with your name on it.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Flat shoes make walking on cobblestones much easier.
Walking is at your own pace and the amount is at each person's discretion. Most modern areas are wheelchair accessible but the historic ones are not. Expect some obstacles. Bring a companion to offer any assistance. Folding wheelchairs only, please.
Private Tour, Cultural, Family Friendly
Vehicles? We have all kinds for all sizes of groups, from cars to buses. Vehicles vary based on the number of travelers.
English, Spanish, Russian, French, German
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages.
Special Medical Restriction
If you use a folding wheelchair, we can accommodate you with at least 7 days' advanced notice, providing you have someone along to assist you. Email us at Hello@GoBe.com. Accessibility at all venues cannot be guaranteed.
Non-refundable if canceled within 7 days of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.