The Complete BMW Tour and Panoramic Munich By Private Vehicle
- BMW Museum: Begin at the Bavarian Motor Works museum with a fascinating and innovative presentation of the BMW company, brand and product history. Discover 125 valuable exhibits spanning over 100 years of BMW Group History.
- Walking tour of the BMW Group Plant: Watch how passion and precision come together in the manufacture of each individual vehicle. Follow the manufacturing process of a BMW car, from the body shop to the paint shop.
- BMW World: Get insights of the building’s unusual architecture and the sophisticated vehicle collection area. Catch a glimpse behind the scenes, listening to the guide explain the complex logistics of automobile delivery to customers from all over the world. Experience the brand at the BMW Event and Delivery Centre.
- Panoramic drive with photo stops: Venture further afield to the “Can’t Miss” sites such as the symbol of Munich, the "Church of our Lady", the 60-foot Bavaria Statue, and the area of the world-renowned Octoberfest. Stop for photos at Nymphenburg Palace and Olympic Park site of the 1972 Summer Olympic Games. At the heart of the city, see the Town Hall and charming Viktualienmarket.
- Private Ride: Hey we love group tours. But we know sometimes you want to explore with just a friend and family member. Customized to fit your desires and up to five travelers.
About This Munich Tour
With its global reputation and 100 years of success in the motor industry, BMW is without a doubt one of the most lucrative car brands there is. Founded in Munich, Bavarian Motor Works’ headquarters are located in the metropolis, as is a museum, production plant and exhibition center.
Prepare for an automobile-focused excursion as you embark on a guided tour around the BMW Museum, where engines, motorcycles and cars are displayed on 1.23 acres of space. The museum was one of the world’s first to focus on a brand and since it opened in 1973, it has been feeding people’s knowledge about the company’s growth with a selection of 125 exhibits.
From the body shop to the paint shop, the tour of this museum will continue into BMW Welt (World of BMW). Offering a behind-the-scenes look at the building’s architecture, you will discover how it was built and will be told fascinating stories about the brand.
The final stop, BMW Group Werk, is where global spare parts and electric vehicle components roll off the assembly lines daily, before being sorted by a 17,500-strong team of workers. Rolls Royce parts are also manufactured at the plant. Expect to leave with a better understanding of component production and engine fabrication.
As your full-throttle walking tour of BMW’s facilities end, join your guide in your private vehicle as you travel from the city surrounds towards her center for an overview of the city that incorporates its most important sights and must-see icons. Travel past the Bavaria Statue at 60-feet in height, and the area of the world-renowned Octoberfest, where there’s time for pictures.
Then your driver takes you to Nymphenburg Palace, once the summer residence of past Bavarian rulers for a photo stop. Head next to Munich's "Church of our Lady", the very symbol of the city, before reaching the Town Hall and charming Viktualienmarket. Your guide will be sure to take you by Olympic Park, home of the 1972 Olympic Games 1972. You will be picked up at your hotel or any other point of your choice in Munich and spend an entertaining and unforgettable 2-hour journey through BMW World and 3-hour ride within the Bavarian capital before returning to your hotel in Munich.
Just the facts, Fraulein
Once upon a time the BMW brand was close to bankruptcy, with Mercedes threatening to take over in 1959. However, it was thanks to a private investor that the brand was able to redeem itself and to this date, that clever person and his or her family still own shares. The legendary M1 was the first ever BMW and initially, Lamborghini was going to be the main manufacturer. During the 1972 Olympics at the stadium that sits next door to World of BMW, the car marker unveiled its very first electric automobile. Train and plane interiors are also designed by BMW.
Please meet in the lobby/reception area of your hotel. Be sure to indicate the name of your hotel at check-out so we know where to meet you. Your guide will be holding a sign with GoBe or your name on it.
Bring small coins for the bathroom. Take a light jacket or rain coat for the weather. Be aware that when it's windy, an umbrella might be risky!
Must walk for 3 hours during course of the tour at a moderate pace. Expect long periods of standing. Tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Private Tour, Cultural, Family Friendly, Walking Tour
We have different size vehicles to accommodate your group. Don't see the size vehicle you need? Contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Non-refundable if canceled within 30 days of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.