Step Back Centuries in Time by Visiting Munich’s Must-See Icons on a Car Tour
- Nymphenburg Palace: Built in a Baroque style, the "Castle of the Nymph" was constructed between the 17th and 19th centuries.
- Town Hall: Used for the city council’s representative purposes, “German Altes Rathaus" exhibits a late Gothic style.
- Viktualienmarket: A daily food market selling gourmet goods.
- Church of our Lady: Witness the craftsmanship of Bruges' artisans.
- Olympic Park: Constructed for the 1972 games, Olympiapark München is now used as an event venue.
- BMW – World: Promotional events and meetings are held inside this exhibition center.
- Bavaria Statue: A female personification of the Bavarian homeland, this monument is 18 meters tall.
- Victory Gate (Schwabing): Also known as the Siegestor, this is the most significant of Munich’s gates.
- Maximilianeum (Bavarian Parliament): The Bavarian Landtag has used this palatial building since 1949.
About This Munich Tour
It has seen life and death, it is considered one of Europe’s biggest palaces and it’s a summer hideout for Bavarian royals – it could only be Nymphenburg Palace! A flawless photo can be captured on the grounds of this opulent mansion. Let your guide inform you about the 17th-19th century building, before you depart to Town Hall.
Located on Mary’s Square, New Town Hall is where the Glockenspiel chimes at 11:00 am and 12:00 pm every day. Also located on Marienplatz is Viktualienmarket. You won’t find the ingredients sold at this former farmers’ market anywhere else, with over 140 local merchants selling products sourced from around the globe.
Munich's symbol, the "Church of our Lady", dates back to 1240. Admire the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Munich’s unmistakable architecture and proceed to Olympic Park. FC Bayern Munich’s home, the stadium’s neighbor is World of BMW, where 3,000+ engines are manufactured daily.
The three-hour ride in a luxury sedan will also take you past the Bavarian capital’s tree-arched Victory Gate, the seat of the Bavarian Parliament Maximilianeum and bronze sand-cast Bavaria Statue.
What Makes Munich so Famous?
Positioned in Bavaria’s south at the mouth of River Isar is Munich. Home to some of the best museums in all of Germany, Munich has a cultural scene that is hard to beat. The city’s location on the fringe of the snow-capped Alps gives it a majestic vibe year-round and throughout the month of October, it sees a colossal number of visitors for the annual Oktoberfest beer gathering.
Please meet in the lobby/reception area of your hotel. Be sure to indicate the name of your hotel at check-out�or email Hello@GoBe.com so we know where to meet you. Your guide will be holding a sign with your name on it.
Bring small coins for the restroom.
In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys. As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Flat shoes make walking on cobblestones much easier.
Walking is at your own pace and the amount is at each person's discretion. Most modern areas are wheelchair accessible but the historic ones are not. Expect some obstacles. Bring a companion to offer any assistance. Folding wheelchairs only, please.
Private Tour, Cultural, Family Friendly, Walking Tour
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Non-refundable if canceled within 7 days of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.