Private Guided Tour: See Athens Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: Enhance your visit to this glorious city with a custom tour by an English-speaking expert who imparts Athens' essence and legacy.
- GoBe can help plan: Feel your spirit soar as you ascend with GoBe to the sacred peak of the city to witness the Parthenon and great wonders of the Acropolis. Marvel at landmarks like the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Arch of Hadrian, and the Parliament (a former palace) as your guide shares Athens' history, from Plato's time to the return of the Olympics. Count on your guide to focus on your interests, from art and architecture to religion, philosophy, or drama.
- Skip the lines: You get into museums and galleries quickly as we speed you to the front of the line or in the back door at the dazzling Acropolis Museum, the extensive National Archaeological Museum, the Benaki Museum, or Herakleidon Art Museum. With so much to see, your guide can help zoom in on treasures and artifacts you won't want to miss.
- The inside scoop: In the shadow of the Acropolis, the old Plaka neighborhood is a pedestrianized delight. Let GoBe be your guide to its shops, galleries, tavernas, and the best spots to sip an ouzo.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: Explore the city on foot or hop on public transport. Want to travel beyond the city to Cape Sounion's towering cliffs and hear legends at the mystical Temple of Poseidon? It's easy to catch epic sights with GoBe. With 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group.
No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Our GoBe representative will meet you in the lobby of your hotel or at a location to be advised by you. Specify the name of your hotel or desired location at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Flat shoes make walking on cobblestones much easier. Expect classic, Mediterranean-like climate, with hot summers and rain in the spring and fall. Remember your sunscreen. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
Expect to walk up some hills, ramps, and steps and over many slippery marble or cobbled surfaces. Some historical areas are not fully accessible. Proximity between major sites varies. Bring a companion to offer any assistance if needed.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.