Athens Self-Guided Audio Tour
- The Acropolis: High above the city, these sacred sites honoring the goddess Athena are priceless treasures from the city's 5th-century B.C. Golden Age; the Parthenon is the crowning gem, inspiring awe for its timeless beauty and the engineering genius it represents. (Learn more about that at the Acropolis Museum, at the foot of the southern slope.)
- Temple of Olympian Zeus: Its 15 remaining 56-foot Corinthian columns hint at the grandeur of a colossal structure that took six centuries to complete. A column that fell in a storm and broke apart shows how they were constructed.
- Syntagma Square: The center of Athens is central to your tour; it's across from Parliament (the old Royal Palace) and near the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, the Roman Agora, the 4th-century B.C. Panathenaic Stadium, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (where you can watch the Changing of the Guard).
- Shopping, dining, and more: Day or night, Athens hums with energy. Hunt for antiques and collectibles at the Monastiraki Flea Market; browse the shops and pubs of the historic Plaka and Thissio neighborhoods.
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play – each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
Please make your way to Acropolis Entrance. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map that will be on your booking confirmation voucher and listen to the audio for more detail.
Be sure to bring spending money; venue entrance fees are not included.
This 2.5 mile audio city tour covers mostly flat to moderate incline terrain with occasional steps that are optional as a decision may be made to skip a particular tour stop very easily.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
There is no age restriction; the audio tour may be more suitable for travelers 12 years and older.
This tour is non-refundable from the time of purchase, unless a validated technical error occurs.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.