Athens Sightseeing Drive and the Acropolis with Private Guide
- The Acropolis: Its temples to Athena were converted to churches, a mosque, even an armory; today they're monuments showing the Golden Age of Athens.
- From your private car: See the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Arch of Hadrian, the National Gardens, the Parliament building, and more, with commentary from your private guide.
- Guided tour: Enjoy insider information on points of interests along the way from your own guide.
- Totally private: Hey we love group tours. But we know sometimes you want to explore with just a friend and family member.
- Customized to fit your needs: Looking to explore on your own? With that special someone? Or, bringing along a group of friends? Our range of rides have got you covered, whether it's a car, van or bus (this is reflected in the per person pricing).
- Cruise friendly: Depart and return from the Port of Piraeus.
About this Athens tour
Every four years, ancient Athenians would trek to the Acropolis in a solemn procession honoring Athena, the goddess of wisdom. This tour retraces parts of that pilgrimage; you, however, will arrive in an air-conditioned motorcoach, and can honor her in comfortable shoes.
Like the ancients, you'll walk through the monumental marble gateway of the Propylea; ahead stands the Erechtheum, where city elders chose Athena to be the city's patron goddess. (Losing candidate Poseidon, the tempestuous sea god, threw an Olympian fit and promptly flooded the lowlands.)
Marvel at the Temple of Wingless Victory, its builders clipped the wings of Nike, goddess of victory, so that she could never leave. And, of course, the Parthenon, looking better than it has in centuries after decades of painstaking restoration.
Return to your motorcoach for a guided drive that includes the impressive remains of the Temple of Olympian Zeus (six centuries to complete, in one of history's great contractor disasters), the arch that Rome's Emperor Hadrian strode through on his own Athens vacation, the lush National Gardens, and the stately Parliament building.
How smart were the Ancient Greeks?
The Parthenon is considered a marvel of architectural symmetry, but there's not a single right angle or straight line. The illusion of symmetrical proportions was achieved by imperceptibly sloping every surface and edge, as you'll see if you look carefully at the front steps, which rise slightly in the middle.
No tripods, professional cameras and large backpacks inside the Acropolis. Lockers also available. Participants must be able to climb steep inclines and steps.
Please consider your physical fitness when planning your private experience.
Cultural, Bus Tour, Walking Tour
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.