Private Guided Tour: See Chania Your Way
Chania (Souda Port), Greece
- Your personal GoBe guide: Explore Chania's sights and rich culture with a seasoned and certified English-speaking guide who covers sights you want to see.
- GoBe can help plan: Let GoBe be your guide to the pretty streets clustered near the harbor, where Venetian, Turkish, and Jewish quarters are well preserved and stylish boutiques beckon. Explore the impressive defenses of Firkas Fortress, stroll along the seawall to the 16th-century lighthouse, relax in the shady public gardens, or watch archaeologists at work at the site of ancient Kydonia.
- Skip the lines: You get into museums quickly as we speed you to the front of the line at the Archaeological Museum (fine artifacts displayed in a restored 16th-century church), the Byzantine Museum (icons, frescoes, and jewelry), or the Maritime Museum (evocative insights into a seafaring past).
- The inside scoop: Chania's Old Market is an irresistible kaleidoscope of produce and crafts. Colorful embroidery and handmade ceramics make wonderful keepsakes, and your guide knows what's authentic and locally made.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: Soak up the town's soul on a walking tour, or let GoBe show you its nautical spirit on a boat trip. Beyond Chania are traditional villages, scenic Therissos Gorge, and cool fun at Limnoupolis Water Park. Ready to go? With 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group.
No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Our GoBe representative will meet you in the lobby of your hotel or at a location to be advised by you. Specify the name of your hotel or desired location at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
Expect classic, Mediterranean-like climate, with hot summers and rain in the spring and fall. Remember your sunscreen. If visiting any religious sites, bring a scarf and shirt/pants to cover head, shoulders and knees. Flat-soled shoes are essential. Most shops close between 3-5pm. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
Expect to walk up inclines, narrow passages and steps, and over many cobbled surfaces. It�s fairly flat by the harbor but Old Town is not fully accessible. Bring a companion to offer any assistance if your mobility is limited or you use a wheelchair.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.