Cork Self-Guided Audio Tour
- English Market: Located off the commercial hub of St. Patrick's Street ("Pana," as the locals call it), this handsome food emporium of arches and colonnades goes back to English rule in the 17th century. The place for fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and authentic Irish "delicacies" like pig trotters, which non-Irish visitors may find either interesting or intimidating.
- Butter Museum: Can't believe it's about butter? It is, but in the broader context of Cork's two-plus centuries as the world's largest exporter and the broader framework of Irish farming, industry, and culture going back to medieval times.
- St. Anne's Church: Also known as Shandon Church and the "four-faced liar" (its four clocks never told the same time), St. Anne's and its 132-step bell tower have been the city icon since the 18th century. Climb to the top for stunning views and to play a tune on the bells.
- Covering all of Cork: Visit 19th-century Gothic St. Finnbar's Cathedral, named after Cork's patron saint; tour star-shaped, 16th-century Elizabeth Fort, which holds much Cork history within its thick walls and offers great city views from the ramparts; browse the shops, pubs, and cafes on French Church Street and the Grand Parade; relax in Bishop Lucey Park.
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play – each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
Please make your way to the English Market. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map that will be on your booking confirmation voucher and listen to the audio for more detail.
Be sure to bring spending money; venue entrance fees are not included.
This 2-mile audio walking tour covers mostly flat to moderate incline terrain with occasional steps that are optional; you can skip a particular tour stop very easily.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
There is no age restriction; the audio tour may be more suitable for travelers 12 years and older.
This tour is non-refundable from the time of purchase, unless a validated technical error occurs.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.