Meet a Local in Dublin - Private Tour
- More than a guide: Even by GoBe standards, your tour leader is special. Known as a "docent" (from the Latin for teacher), this Ph.D. and M.A.-level scholar-guide will make the difference between seeing Dublin and understanding it.
- It's personal: This experience is all about you and your gang. Choose your own departure time, set a pace that works for your small group (up to 6), and customize a walk that's in step with your passions. Even tour length can be flexible.
- We come to you: Your docent will meet you at the hotel or apartment where you're staying and start out by getting you familiar with your neighborhood – its landmarks, nearby transport options, restaurants, markets, pubs, and more.
- Experience more Dublin: This tailor-made intro will help you make the most of your time in town. You'll walk away with advice on local customs (and decoding Gaelic words!), recommendations for dining, shopping, insider events and concerts, and guidance on the must-see sights.
- Get a jump: Let us know any specific questions or goals you have in mind when signing up for this tour, and we can personalize it even better – arriving with maps, info, and answers pre-prepped for you.
About This Dublin Tour
New to Dublin? You'll probably arrive toting a list of must-see's that includes Dublin Castle, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Trinity College, the Guinness Brewery or Jameson Distillery, and some other marquee attractions. But this cobbled capital's so much more than the sum of its most famous landmarks.
The key to fully experiencing it is to unlock some lesser known secrets. Like which of Dublin's 750-odd public houses offers the most intriguing ales, smoothest whiskies, and most storied literary history. Which restaurants cook up the most authentic Irish stew, flakiest fish and chips, or most savory coddle or crubeens (you'll have to find out what those are from your docent; our lips are sealed). And where you can find a world-class Leprechaun museum, experience life aboard a Viking warship, or visit a gaol (jail) that held Ireland's most famous prisoners from 1796 on.
The only practical way to get up to speed on all that in a wee bit of time is to book a private Welcome to Dublin orientation confab – and fill your reservoir of local knowledge from a docent who's been around not just the block your staying on, but nearly every other character-encrusted nook and cranny Dublin has to offer.
With this intro under your belt, you'll be ready to take Dublin on with a better sense of its layout and ground-covering options, and a working understanding of its history and customs. Just don't expect to be ready to read and pronounce Gaelic words that don't sound anything like how they look.
That would be a whole other tour.
Please meet in the lobby of your downtown-area hotel or a nearby central location. Let us know the name of your hotel when you reserve this tour so we know where to meet you. Your local expert awaits with a GoBe sign with your name.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. If your mobility is limited, this tour may be too challenging for you. This itinerary is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages. Traveling with children 12 years of age and younger? Tell us their ages and interests during the booking process so we can match you with the best guide.
Price of the tour does not include entrance fees, meals or necessary transportations. These will be paid on the spot by the participants.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.