Bari Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Bari Vecchia: Bari's Old Town is the site of cultural treasures like the Basilica of St. Nicholas, built in 1197 and featuring a crypt, sculptures, gold ceiling, and the Throne of Bishop Elias; the 13th-century Cathedral of San Sabino, an important example of Apulian Romanesque architecture; and the Piazza del Ferrarese, with its indoor fish market, art galleries, and trendy bars and cafes.
- Teatro Petruzelli: Destroyed by arson in 1991, Bari's largest opera house has been completely rebuilt to its original 1903 design, and hosts major concerts and performers.
- Castello Svevi: Built over a 12th-century castle that was built over the ruins of a Roman fort, this art gallery and exhibition space features towers, bastions, and a moat.
- The best of Bari: Explore Simi and Catapano palaces; stroll the Via Appia, visit the city museum, the Church of St. Gregory, and the Monastery of St. Scolastica, now part of the University of Bari.
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play – each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
Please make your way to Porto Nuovoto. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map that will be on your booking confirmation voucher and listen to the audio for more detail.
Be sure to bring spending money; venue entrance fees are not included. Please note on Sundays many buildings are closed although it is usually possible to visit inside the local Churches outside regular service times.
This 1.75 mile audio city tour covers mostly flat to moderate incline terrain with occasional steps that are optional as a decision may be made to skip a particular tour stop very easily.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
There is no age restriction; the audio tour may be more suitable for travelers 12 years and older.
This tour is non-refundable from the time of purchase, unless a validated technical error occurs.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.