Private Guided Tour: See Livorno Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: Go with a certified, English-speaking guide who plans a tour to cover your passions, from art and architecture to food and wine.
- GoBe can help plan: Let GoBe show you the views from Fortezza Vecchia, a city symbol that's dominated the old port since the 1500s. Wander Little Venice and glimpse how Medici dukes and wealthy merchants lived in the 17th and 18th centuries. Stroll along the sea on the stunning checkerboard-paved Terrazza Mascagni or check out the buzzing scene at the colorful Central Market.
- Skip the lines: Get into attractions quickly as we speed you in the door at the Fattori Museum (19th- and 20th-century Tuscan art in a gorgeous villa) or Studio 54 (contemporary art). Love great buildings? You can tour the neoclassical Carlo Goldoni Theater, the octagonal Church of Santa Caterina, and more. For a change of pace, visit sea turtles, sharks, and other cool creatures at Livorno Aquarium.
- The inside scoop: Before leaving for Paris, the great artist Modigliani was said to have thrown sculptures into the canal near his Livorno home. Were they ever found? Your guide can regale you with one of Italian art history's best tales.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: The gateway to bucket-list cities such as Florence, Pisa and Lucca, Livorno can be your starting point as you venture inland for sightseeing or wine tasting. Si, we can make it happen. With just 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group.
No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Arriving by cruise ship? Our GoBe rep will meet you at Piazza Grande, shuttle bus drop-off area. Staying in a hotel? Your guide awaits in the lobby. Make sure you specify the name of your hotel at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Be watchful of the scooters when walking. Expect classic, Mediterranean-like climate, with hot summers and rain in the spring and fall. Remember to bring your sunscreen and to wear flat-soled shoes. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
Head to Via Grande and the old Porto Mediceo part of town where you can expect to walk on paved roads and sidewalks, up curbs and along some cobbled surfaces. Bring a companion to offer any assistance if your mobility is limited or you use a wheelchair.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.