Private Guided Tour: See Savona Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: Make the most of your spin through Savona with an English-speaking guide and an itinerary with commentary created just for you.
- GoBe can help plan: Explore the graceful streets of old town as your GoBe guide entertains with epic sagas of Popes from Savona during the Italian Renaissance (Michelangelo and Rome's Sistine Chapel loom large in these stories) and the harrowing tale of yet another Pope (he had problems with Napoleon). Stroll Via Pia, pop into shops, and linger over coffee as your guide shares local insights.
- Skip the lines: You get into attractions quickly as we speed you into the must-see Little Sistine Chapel, featuring hand-painted ceilings and impressively carved wooden choir seats. Visit the 16th-century Priamar fortress to explore mazelike tunnels, browse its museum, and admire the best views in the city. Check out the treasures of the Ceramics Museum or visit Christopher Columbus' house to see where the explorer may have dreamed of big adventures as a little boy.
- The inside scoop: Roman soldiers baked flatbread on the go, using their sun-heated metal shields as pans. This recipe endures as farinata, and your guide knows where to line up with the locals to get this savory treat hot from the oven.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: Explore the historic center on a walking tour, or head out of town and tour the sights of the Ligurian Riviera. With 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group. A few inspiring ideas: See traditional ceramics in Albisola, gawk at over-the-top baroque architecture at the Villa Faraggiana, or sip your way through Piedmont wine country (note to foodies: this region is also famous for white truffles).
No headsets, no hassles – just you with own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Arriving by cruise ship? Our GoBe rep will meet you at the Savona pier tourist information desk. Staying in a hotel? Your guide awaits in the lobby. Specify the name of your cruise ship or hotel at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
Via Pia offers quaint shops and cafes and is worth the walk. Expect classic, Mediterranean-like climate, with hot summers and rain in the spring and fall. Remember your sunscreen. Flat-soled shoes are essential. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
It�s a short walk between the port and city center. Expect paved sidewalks and steps, with cobblestones and hills in the older parts of town. Most modern buildings are accessible but the historic ones are not. Bring a companion to offer any assistance.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
English, French, Italian
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.