Amsterdam Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Museums: Amsterdam may have more museums per square kilometer than any city of the planet, from the priceless Rembrandts and Vermeers of the Rijksmuseum to the Van Gogh Museum, the heartrending letters and personal belongings at the Anne Frank House, and institutions dedicated to tulips, vodka, chocolate, pot, and the World War II resistance.
- Architecture: Even the bridges and lampposts are noteworthy, with a city office (the BMA) dedicated to helping visitors appreciate the wealth of historic structures, including New Church, Old Church (Amsterdam's oldest building), Beguine Court, New Market, the Stock Exchange, train stations, and more.
- The Royal Palace: Amsterdam's 17th-century town hall became an opulent royal residence in 1808 and still dazzles visitors with grand chandeliers and marble work, gilded clocks, and enough paintings to be considered a museum all its own.
- All of Amsterdam: The Red Light District is more than its name suggests; it's the oldest part of the city, and home to the Old Church, lovely canals, and lively cafes and bars. Take a canal cruise, or visit the Heineken brewery. Browse the produce, herbs, spices, clothing, and Dutch-style fast food at the always-entertaining colorful Albert Cuypmarkt, Amsterdam's largest market.
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play – each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
Please make your way to Amsterdam Central. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map that will be on your booking confirmation voucher and listen to the audio for more detail.
Be sure to bring spending money; venue entrance fees are not included.
This 2.75 mile audio city tour covers mostly flat to moderate incline terrain with occasional steps that are optional as a decision may be made to skip a particular tour stop very easily.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
The subject matter of this tour is geared to adults. While there is no age restriction, because this tour visits the Red Light District and Hash, Marijuana & Hemp Museum, it is not suitable for children. Children may participate at their parent's discretion, if they are accompanied by their parent(s) at all times.
This tour is non-refundable from the time of purchase, unless a validated technical error occurs.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.