Private Guided Tour: See Enkhuizen Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: See all that intrigues you, or let your seasoned, English-speaking guide suggest must-see sights in this lively Dutch port.
- GoBe can help plan: This town was big during the 17th-century Dutch Golden Age, and it still shines with grand mansions and landmarks of those glory days. Marvel at the still-working mechanism in the Waag (the public building where goods were weighed) and hear the carillon at Drommedaris, a historic gate tower that's now a cultural center. Tour Zuiderkerk and admire this church's unusual spire and ask your guide to tell you its compelling "greedy lady" legend.
- Skip the lines: You get into museums and attractions quickly with GoBe by your side. Let us show you Zuiderzee Museum, where outdoor exhibits (open seasonally) feature authentic buildings, ships, and costumed "inhabitants" who recreate life as it used to be. The indoor museum (open year-round) displays photographs, paintings, and artifacts that illustrate the region's heritage. Love fairly tales? Step into the enchanted world of Sprookjeswonderland theme park.
- The inside scoop: Ever wonder how they stuff detailed ships into those tiny bottles? The Bottle Ship Museum has answers and amazing examples in what's said to be the world's largest collection. Magnifying glasses are available.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: Explore beyond Enkhuizen with GoBe. Just give us 48 hours' notice, and we can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group. Check out the scenic Frisian Lakes area, a water wonderland for relaxing and water sports.
No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Arriving by river cruise? Our GoBe representative will meet you on the pier. Staying in hotel? Your guide will be waiting in the lobby. Make sure you specify the name of your ship or hotel at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
Plan for an oceanic climate with chances for rain and bring your umbrella. Bring some local currency for any food or souvenir purchases. Your local guide can make some recommendations. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
The picturesque historic center has sites ready to be explored. Depending on your plans you can expect terrain with flat & sometimes cobbled surfaces. Bring a companion to offer any assistance if your mobility is limited or you use a wheelchair.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.