Private Guided Tour: See Groningen Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: Cover it all, history to what's happening now, with an expert, English-speaking guide who shows you the sights as only a local can.
- GoBe can help plan: Get a bird’s-eye view of this progressive town from Martini Tower (it's kept watch for 500 years) or hop a boat with GoBe and glide through a scenic city overview. Check out daring architecture, like the bold public library and Gasunie Building, that adds modern accents to this stylish city. Linger in pretty Prinsenhof Gardens or serene squares of almshouses from the Middle Ages.
- Skip the lines: You get into museums and attractions quickly as we speed you to the front of the queue at the striking Groninger Museum (an artwork in itself) to see an inspiring range of collections. Navigate the Northern Maritime Museum and discover ships and seafaring days, chuckle at the Stripmuseum (a museum of comic strips), or admire 13th-century frescoes at the Martini Church.
- The inside scoop: This art-loving town takes creativity to the streets, and more than 400 sculptures and other works decorate the city. A strolling "show and tell" with your guide is a fun art walk.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: It's great to explore this people-friendly city on foot, but wheels can take you beyond. With just 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group. Discover beautiful Lauwersmeer National Park on the North Sea coast, or step into the 18th century at the fortified village of Bourtange.
No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Arriving by river cruise? Our GoBe representative will meet you on the pier. Staying in hotel? Your guide will be waiting in the lobby. Make sure you specify the name of your ship or hotel at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
Plan for an oceanic climate with chances for rain and bring your umbrella. Bring some local currency for any food or souvenir purchases. Your local guide can make some recommendations. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
Pedestrian walkways are prevalent throughout the city center. Depending on your plans you can expect terrain with flat & sometimes cobbled surfaces. Bring a companion to offer any assistance if your mobility is limited or you use a wheelchair.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.