Private Guided Tour: See Hoorn Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: Experience the sights of this spirited city with a certified, English-speaking guide who maps a tour that covers your passions.
- GoBe can help plan: Check out the imposing Main Tower in the harbor, wander streets lined with impressive gabled houses, admire Old Town Hall, and hear the grisly reason Roode Steen (Red Square) earned its moniker. Get out into that gorgeous harbor on a boat tour or climb aboard a historic steam locomotive as your guide entertains with tales about Hoorn's sites and customs.
- Skip the lines: You get into museums and attractions quickly with GoBe by your side. We'll speed you into the Westfries Museum to discover how art and culture blossomed during Holland's Golden Age. Get nostalgic about the more recent past at Museum of the 20th Century and admire striking posters by artists and graphic designers at the Affiche Dutch Poster Museum.
- The inside scoop: Hoorn's symbol is the unicorn. How many will you spot around town? We'll give you the first clue: look for a carving on the 17th-century weigh house.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: After exploring Hoorn, escape into the Dutch countryside. With its farms, windmills, and springtime tulip fields, it's as idyllic as you imagine. Or more. Just give GoBe 48 hours' notice to arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group.
No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Arriving by river cruise? Our GoBe representative will meet you on the pier. Staying in hotel? Your guide will be waiting in the lobby. Make sure you specify the name of your ship or hotel at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
Plan for an oceanic climate with chances for rain and bring your umbrella. Bring some local currency for any food or souvenir purchases. Your local guide can make some recommendations. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
Designated a Protected Cityscape, the compact city center has 16th & 17th century buildings & numerous National Monuments. Depending on your plans you can expect terrain with flat & sometimes cobbled surfaces. Bring a companion to offer any assistance.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.