Private Guided Tour: See Maastricht Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: Choose your path through Maastricht, or let a savvy English-speaking guide suggest sights that capture the essence of this city.
- GoBe can help plan: Explore the city's walls and ramparts and check out Hell's Gate, the oldest gate in the Netherlands (1229). See the sights around Het Vrijthof, old town's beautiful central square, and the treasures of the Romanesque St. Servatius Basilica. Cruise the Meuse River, descend into the cool depths of the caves of St. Pieter, or splurge at the oh-so-exclusive shops on the Stokstraat.
- Skip the lines: You get into museums and attractions quickly as we speed you in the door of the superb Bonnefanten Museum, an eye-catching building with a bullet-shaped tower (itself a work of art). Exhibits cover everything from medieval artifacts to Dutch Masters and impressive modern art. The spotlight is on architecture at NAiM/Bureau Europa, and the Natural History Museum showcases thousands of natural objects and a collection of sparkly gemstones.
- The inside scoop: Marl mining since Roman times left 20,000 tunnels snaking under the city. Discover how these tunnels were a refuge during sieges and see the art and texts carved into their walls over the centuries.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: If beyond-the-city sights beckon, GoBe can be your guide. With 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group. Tour vineyards in the Limburg hills and taste Pinot Noir, Riesling, and Muller-Thurgau, or visit the spas and the ruins of a hilltop castle in nearby Valkenburg aan de Geul.
No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Arriving by river cruise? Our GoBe representative will meet you on the pier. Staying in hotel? Your guide will be waiting in the lobby. Make sure you specify the name of your ship or hotel at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
Plan for an oceanic climate with chances for rain and bring your umbrella. Bring some local currency for any food or souvenir purchases. Your local guide can make some recommendations. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
Explore the beautiful winding streets in the center of the city, where you can expect terrain with flat & sometimes cobbled surfaces with steps. Bring a companion to offer any assistance if your mobility is limited or you use a wheelchair.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.