Private Guided Tour: See Tromso Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: A local and experienced English-speaking guide can map out incredible adventures and cultural treats in this "Gateway to the Arctic."
- GoBe can help plan: Where will your spirit of adventure lead?Let GoBe be your guide to Tromso's historic center, cruise the fjords, or feel the wonders of this wild environment on a whale watching, fishing, or dog sled excursion. Delve into the traditions of the Sami people or soar up Mt. Storsteinen on a cable car for incredible views.
- Skip the lines: You get into attractions quickly as we speed you into the Arctic Cathedral to admire its bold style and brilliant mosaics. Discover heritage and culture at the Polar Museum, Tromso Museum, and Northern Norway Art Museum. And explore the nature of the north at Polaria (exhibits, films, and the world's northernmost aquarium) or the Arctic-Alpine Botanical Gardens (again, the most northern).
- The inside scoop: The shimmering Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights, are a can't-miss sight. Your guide knows the best viewing spots and has tips for how to capture photos of this magical sky-dancing display.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: Enjoy a personalized tour of Arctic landscapes. With just 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group. See traditional villages, glorious views of the fjords and mountain, or follow your passions, from bird watching and photography to new culinary adventures.
- No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Arriving by cruise ship? Our GoBe representative will meet you on the pier. Staying in hotel? Your guide will be waiting in the lobby. Make sure you specify the name of your cruise ship or hotel at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
There are 2 docks: Prostneset is in the city center and Brevika is 2.5 miles from town. Tromso has a continental subarctic climate and is no stranger to rain so be prepared with layers, rain jacket and an umbrella. Bring some local currency for any food or souvenir purchases. Your local guide can make some recommendations. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
Once in town most things in the compact center are within walking distance. Depending on your plans expect some inclines with uneven surfaces & steps. Bring a companion to offer any assistance if your mobility is limited or you use a wheelchair.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.