Private Guided Tour: See Timisoara Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: Capture all your must-see, must-do experiences with a friendly, English-speaking guide in this charming city by the Biga River.
- GoBe can help plan: A pedestrianized center and lush green spaces make walking a pleasure, and your guide can navigate the city's excellent tram system.In a city of countless architectural gems, GoBe can show you fine examples of the sinuous Secessionist style that flourished here in the early 1900s. See what intrigues you, from the Metropolitan Cathedral that towers over Victory Square to the 1865 Great Synagogue and charming displays of Art Nouveau style in residential districts. And save time to stroll through the lovely Roses Park.
- Skip the lines: You get into museums and attractions quickly as we speed you in the door of the Museum of Fine Arts (masterpieces displayed in a Baroque palace) or the Banat Museum, with history and natural history displays in a 14th-century castle, plus an ethnographic section with textiles, folk costumes, and icons. Grasp how history shifted as you tour the Memorial Museum of the 1989 Revolution and hear your guide's insights about events that began in Timisoara.
- The inside scoop: The lavish Romanian Opera House, designed by Viennese architects, is a highlight in this musical city (ask your guide about its connection with Josef Strauss). Stop in to admire the concert hall's murals inspired by Romanian fairytales.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: There's more to see around Timisoara and with just 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group. Visit the Banat Village Museum, an open-air collection of authentic village dwellings, sip your way through wine country, or see spectacular views of rugged peaks and ridges in the Retezat Mountains.
No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Pick-up is included from select hotels. Please specify your hotel name and location during check-out.
Plan for a warm and temperate climate with rain so bring an umbrella. Bring some local currency for any food or souvenir purchases. Your local guide can make some recommendations.
Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
Timisoara is easily explored on foot. Depending on your plans expect some cobbled pathways and steps. Bring a companion to offer assistance if your mobility is limited or you use a wheelchair.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.