Meet a Local in Barcelona - Private Tour
- More than a guide: Even by GoBe standards, your tour leader is special. Known as a "docent" (that's Latin for teacher), this Ph.D. and M.A.-level scholar-guide can get you up to speed with suggestions on things to see, tips on how to get around town and decode Catalan menus, insights on local customs, and much more.
- It's personal: This experience is tailored to your small private group of up to 6. Choose your own departure time, set a pace that works for you, and customize a walk that's in step with your passions. Even tour length can be flexible.
- We come to you: Your docent will meet you at the hotel or apartment where you're staying and familiarize you with your neighborhood – its layout and history, nearby Metro stops, the best local tapas restaurants, wine bars, shops, and attractions – even help with purchasing venue tickets if needed.
- Experience more Barcelona: This brief, customized intro will help you make the most of your time in town. You'll walk away with maps, guidance, and confidence –fully oriented and ready to explore this magnificent city like a local, even if it's your first time in town.
- Get a jump: Let us know any specific questions or interests you have in mind when signing up for this tour so we can personalize it even better. We'll arrive with answers and suggestion pre-prepped for you.
Please meet in the lobby reception area of your hotel - your guide will be holding a sign with your name/the tour's name on it. You must confirm the name of your hotel at checkout, so we know where to pick you up. Your tour begins there.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. This itinerary can be modified for your private group to accommodate wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. Let us know ahead of time at Hello@GoBe.com.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic, Family Friendly, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Special Medical Restriction
If you use a folding wheelchair, we'll do our best to accommodate you with at least 7 days of advanced notice, providing you have someone along to assist you. Email us at Hello@GoBe.com. Accessibility at all venues cannot be guaranteed.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.