Private Tour of the Picasso Museum in Barcelona
- More than a guide: Even by GoBe standards, your tour leader is special. A "docent" with Ph.D. or M.A.-level creds, their perspective on Picasso's influences, inspirations, and works will paint a vivid portrait of this figure who so powerfully shaped 20th-century art.
- El Born: Starting out from Plaça de Catalunya, the central square where old and new Barcelona meet, you'll stroll into the historic-and-chic El Born district where Picasso's family first moved when he was a boy of 14. The gifted son of a teaching painter, Pablo was soon exhibiting and selling his own work in the area.
- Picasso's hangouts: See places like Casa Llotja de Mar, former site of the Academy of Fine Arts where Picasso's dad taught and young Pablo studied. Maybe stop for coffee at the landmark Els Quatre Gats ("The Four Cats"), famously frequented by artists and intellectuals at the turn of the century.
- Picasso Museum: Considered a key reference point to understanding Picasso's career, the genius of the artist shines brightly through some 4,250 works in the museum's collection – from Science and Charity (painted in 1897 when he was just 16) to later, playful works like Las Meninas (1957) and beyond. Your docent will help put them all into fascinating context.
- Skip the line: Waiting in line to enter a popular museum is no way to spend precious travel time. With pre-reserved admissions, you won't have to. You'll zip right in.
- Your group, your tour: Choose your departure time, set your own pace, and customize an experience that's in step with the passions of your small (up to 6) party. Even the tour's length – usually around three hours – is flexible.
Please meet your guide in front of the Banc d'Espanya building in Plaça Catalunya. The nearest metro station is Catalunya which is on L1 L3 L6 & L7.
Purchase your Picasso Museum tickets during check-out. Just one per person and skip the line!
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. This itinerary can be modified for your private group to accommodate wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. Let us know ahead of time at Hello@GoBe.com.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic, Family Friendly, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Special Medical Restriction
If you use a folding wheelchair, we'll do our best to accommodate you with at least 7 days of advanced notice, providing you have someone along to assist you. Email us at Hello@GoBe.com. Accessibility at all venues cannot be guaranteed.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.